We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thoughts on Mirabill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Pomyles
View Profile
New user
Here
77 Posts

Profile of Pomyles
Why people are fooled ? It's the same question with the well known trick that fooled Einstein and many others.

In the case of Mirabill I would say that the version with 2 spectators helps a lot because people are playing a game, not looking at a trick, and each one is focused on one thing : winning the game.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2855 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
But that doesn't address Joe's very accurate observation about the most basic Miraskill presentation flying over the heads of very intelligent people. In other words, it worked just as well before John and I shared our 2 person variations. I happen to think the main advantage is it amps up the entertainment, not the deception.

This is downright embarrassing, but I performed Miraskill for DECADES without a clue as to how it works. Even worse, I didn't know when I created Mirabill! I'd start to think about it at times, get confused and just move along. It worked, it fooled and entertained people so why strain my brain? Gulp, I am not really sure I fully grasped the oh so simple truth behind it until Joe summed it up with such simple language.

I don't know if this says more about me or the state of education! We are generally taught to retain and regurgitate facts, not how to think. I like to believe that I have moved beyond such limitations but obviously they still play a role, lol.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thoughts on Mirabill (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL