The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What makes you cry? Let's ponder.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Beowulf
View Profile
Loyal user
Thomas A. Lilly
284 Posts

Profile of Beowulf
The courtroom scene in To Kill a Mockinbird when the reverand says, "Stand up; you daddy's passin'."

***: tearing up just typing it.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Live theatre. I've seen productions of two different Arthur Miller plays this month, The Crucible and Death of a Salesman. They were presented by Soulpepper Theatre Company, an incredible professional repertory theatre company in Toronto. Both devastated me in very different ways, but I was reduced to tears during each.

I also recently watched the following monologue by comedian Andy Griffith. It's one of the bravest, most vulnerable, and moving performances I've ever seen. I took literally 10 minutes AFTER watching the video to pull myself back together. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla......J1X33rXM
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Taking peoples money at poker makes me cry ..... all the way to the bullion dealers.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:
On 2012-09-26 12:55, irossall wrote:
No one warned me about "Turner & Hutch", wasn't ready for that one.
Iven Smile

I had the same problem with "Starsky and Hooch" Smile
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Stone, you probably cried at "Rudy" just as I did. But its not just the victory on the football field, is it? It was the scene where he gets accepted to ND, the reaction of his parents, the reaction of his friend/ex-roomate and girlfriend in the stands, the reaction of the field caretaker, the smiles on the coaches' faces, etc....
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Just watched the Heisman acceptance speech from the movie "Something for Joey".

sniff...
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Music makes me cry. I've already gone on about the stupid Red Shoes song (the fact that it came out a few weeks after my own mother had died couldn't have helped.) The latest is the trailer for "Les Miserables"

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi17146393/

she's mournfully singing about her failed dreams and the look on her face as she's forced to cut her hair to survive destroys me.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2012-09-29 14:36, Chessmann wrote:
Stone, you probably cried at "Rudy" just as I did. But its not just the victory on the football field, is it? It was the scene where he gets accepted to ND, the reaction of his parents, the reaction of his friend/ex-roomate and girlfriend in the stands, the reaction of the field caretaker, the smiles on the coaches' faces, etc....

Exactly! But that's how it is with all sports movies. It's not the victory or defeat, it's the moment of putting everything you can into something, taking that gigantic risk--it all goes beyond winning or losing. It encapsulates the trials of the human spirit. We cry for Rudy because he is having his moment.

That's exactly what Paul Potts was having, too. His moment.

Wouldn't it be great if every human being on the planet could have one of those?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Yes. Definitely.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Needless suffering of innocents.

Tears of joy, when the underdog wins.

And sad romantic scenes.

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
All of my ex wives

Taps
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
For reasons I've never understood, I tear up in the final chapter of Lord of the Rings. Almost annually since 1973.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What makes you cry? Let's ponder.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL