The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I read the news today, oh boy! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17665 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2008-03-11 15:15, bitterman wrote:
But when all was said and done, George wasn't really a very good guitar player.

I used to think that too .... But then my musical appreciation increased with age Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1918 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:
SI is a low brow mag anyway - and this continues to prove it...

Perhaps. But the swimsuit issue is worth the price of subscription and football phone is the envy of many of my friends.

DT3
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Re-listen to those solos on those early songs and you'll see why he switched to that semi-slide style of playing in the later years (a lot easier to find the notes when you can slide into them)... you'll also hear why his guitar was weeping, gently or otherwise.... And for those that claim he was a better guitarist than Ringo was a drummer(and you know who you are), listen to A Day In The Life Again. But they were, of course, a perfect fit for the band.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
By now maybe more have seen the issue in question; thoughts?

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17665 Posts

Profile of Slim King
There will soon be a response and a press release. Even a youtube video with a Beattle music bed Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
"Well???? We're waiting..."
- Judge Elihu Smails

IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If you don't think george was a good guitar player, try playing along to some of his songs...then you'll change your mind...there's some interesting, bert jancsh like tunings too...

here's something for you - lennon...over-rated...Imagine was quite wet and wooly if you're honest...

gimme rory gallacher any day...
I've asked to be banned
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5019 Posts

Profile of landmark
The best album--one half of the white album(s).
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Quote:
On 2008-04-09 14:49, abraxus wrote:
If you don't think george was a good guitar player, try playing along to some of his songs...then you'll change your mind...there's some interesting, bert jancsh like tunings too...

here's something for you - lennon...over-rated...Imagine was quite wet and wooly if you're honest...

gimme rory gallacher any day...

Never said he wasn't 'good', he's not great and down right horrid on the first couple of albums. I've never rated Lennon one way or the other, all I know is the one thing you can't hide is when you are crippled inside. I think (actually know) is was Elvis Costello who said, "Wasn't it a millionair that said imagine no possessions?"... And while we are off the topic: Rory Gallacher is no Lowell George my friend. Smile

stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I don't believe in Beatles.

I just believe in me.

Of course, I'm lying. For me, Beatles are religion. But then again, so is Earl.

Here's a test...no diving...all you mental dudes, are you ready?

Which Earl do I mean?

I'm interested if any of you can read my mind.

Of course, I may not find this thread again, as I was just poking around the Café and saw the Beatles reference and--being a religious man--had to check it out.

Where am I, anyway?
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Scruggs?
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Corona! Wow! Unbelievable!

Correct.

How in God's creation did you get from the Beatles to Earl Scruggs?

Folks: Corona is a genius.

However, I still don't know where I am. The Spooky forum?
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
And on a side note:

Corona, you have a cool avatar, but it scares the beelzebub out of me. Bears...well...

Forget about it. If you know why Earl is one of my heroes, then you know why I'm afraid of bears.

Everyone else: There is ONE MORE MUSICIAN who I count as a personal hero. No more hints. Who could it be?

(See, I think I've landed in the mentalist forum, and it's kind of cool and I want to test people.)

These three musical acts are personal heroes for me: Beatles, Earl Scruggs, and....

(Corona, maybe you should sit out this time. No one else has a chance unless they really have special powers of some kind.)
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Well, you look a little like Fred S., so using my mad NLP skills I'm going to have have to say that your third group is The B-52's.

IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Chick Corea or Robin Trower...
I've asked to be banned
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Mmmf mmmmf!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2008-04-11 15:05, bitterman wrote:
Well, you look a little like Fred S., so using my mad NLP skills I'm going to have have to say that your third group is The B-52's.

Come on! In my avatar I look retarded. But the B-52's are GEIL! "Rock Lobster" may be the single greatest dance song ever recorded.

And although I'm primarily a banjo player, when I'm in the mood I plug my tele into my pocket pod and play "Bridge of Sighs" for 30 minutes or so. It's like meditation for me. No, I'm not making this up. I really do play "Bridge of Sighs" on my pocket pod.

But no...B-52s and Robin Trower are not personal heroes.

(Still...knowing NOTHING about mentalism, I'm just freaking out a little bit. I mean...B-52s and Robin Trower indeed have a VERY clear connection to me and my tastes. And I also own at least two Chick Corea CDs. So far NOTHING you have said is NOT connected to me in some way. Spooky. Very Spooky.)

Jeff
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17665 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2008-02-21 16:24, Slim King wrote:
Ten years ago I took my son to the Music shop to buy any CD that he wanted. He was 11 at the time and I thought that he'd select some heavy pop recording of some sort ... he chose .... RUBBER SOUL .... I just about died with pride!
You can see him on this years Van's Warper Tour Smile

You thought that I was lying? My son quoates the same story.
Their new video is already making waves and it's not even on MTV yet!
http://broadwaycalls.buzznet.com/user/vi......premiere
You can hear John in the lyrics and Paul in the harmonies can't you?
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Great Slim! You proud Poppa you Smile

Can I mention Green Day, or is that not cool?

Rubber Soul is excellent, and probably the last 'proper' Beatles album.

Corona.
drmagic
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of drmagic
Quote:
On 2008-04-10 14:47, stoneunhinged wrote:
Everyone else: There is ONE MORE MUSICIAN who I count as a personal hero. No more hints. Who could it be?

Lester Flatts? Tiny Tim? Tina Turner?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I read the news today, oh boy! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL