The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Jim Callahan Starting to Gain Momentum (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
With Jim Callahan being mentioned in Genii, Skeptical Inquirer and some upcoming internet Ezines, seems like he is finally getting some well deserved publicity!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Jim is a really nice guy...not sure why he draws so much ire...he gave me a call and helped me out, by offering me some ideas for something I am working on...I didn't ask him to call me, he offered!

It was a great time, & I found him to be quite humble!

Nathan
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Actually, Jim doesn't post self-aggrandizing anything on the Café.......others do it for him, and one suspects not always with his permission or blessing.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Hope the momentum continues to pick up and that Jim does very well! I am always happy to see a hard working performer get recognized for their hard work and, better yet, get more bookings! Keep at it Jim!

Honestly, who cares who is beating the drum as long as the drum gets beat and the public takes notice
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
KARCH
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of KARCH
I just hope he can stop in time before he crashes into a wall or something.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Fortunately the prohibition is only for false gods!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
But isn't he the creator of G.O.D.?
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
KARCH
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of KARCH
In the event you are struck by lightning for blasphemy, please do not mention my name. Thank you.

God of magicians and magician of Gods. I like it. It has a Biblical sound to it. Kind of like a plague. (Ooops. A solecism and a sarcasem. Back to Day One and English remedial class.)
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2008-02-21 16:42, Slim King wrote:
With Jim Callahan being mentioned in Genii, Skeptical Inquirer and some upcoming internet Ezines, seems like he is finally getting some well deserved publicity!

Slim,

The best time to have worked it was just after the event happened... Today it's old news and the flames of the media run cold to old news... I would have liked Jim to work it then and really got some momentum going for himself in the free publicity channels...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
You are correct. I think that the writers strike had a bit to do with the delay. I've read little or nothing about Mike Super and he won the thing. There are also some things that will come to light late next month or early May.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Randwill ....I'm sure you are the same person that said that URI GELLER was ALL WASHED UP and would never make another dime ... But here he is, Making Millions!
I have a cassette tape where Randi claims to have destroyed URI ... This was in the 70's and he's STILL WRONG!
:dancing:
Randi's 175K that he takes as a Non-Profit is nothing compared to Uri's Millions Smile
Uri likes Callahan's Controversy and THAT story isn't over yet either Smile
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On 2008-03-23 21:45, Psychic Samurai wrote:
Randwill ....I'm sure you are the same person that said that URI GELLER was ALL WASHED UP and would never make another dime ... But here he is, Making Millions!
I have a cassette tape where Randi claims to have destroyed URI ... This was in the 70's and he's STILL WRONG!
I have never said that.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-03-23 21:45, Psychic Samurai wrote:

Slim I gotta admit once in a while you do make a valid point and this is pretty much one. I have never actually heard Randi say he was washed up, but I certainly did not think he would find much work after being exposed so badly.

Truth of the matter, and lets be serious and as honest as possible and not spin anything, people who go to Uri are already people who pretty much believe. Almost NOTHING done will change that.

How many "faith healers" have been exposed, and such, heck take the heat away wrestling still has fans who believe it is actual competition? The people are searching and he is providing. Now that is where it gets dicey, and people say "preying on them" but lets just stop at they have a need and he fills the need. In this case, and it seems to be the truth, he will not be washed up soon.

I am purposly avoiding the "right wrong" issue notice as it is not important to your point. Many (even if not Randi) thought Uri would be finished. He is not quite finished indeed.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
As the late David Hoy once remarked, "People will believe what they want to believe."
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I hear that now after the DragonCon exposure of the Scam, Callahan has another Bomb to drop. Waiting for the video Smile
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
The new Randi exposure video is up.

I am pleased to be able to use my skills to expose those who would take advantage or harm other people either intentionally, through stupidity or psychological manipulation.

We just received another video and will be considering posting it in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That is totally Illegal!!!!! WOW!
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Just a pet peeve of mine....Jim, I would personally either learn how to spell or at least learn to use spell check. The grammar is horrendous at best.

So you are contovertial?
Your company is Applied Thought Technologiess?...didn't even spell your own company's name correctly?

Perhaps this as all just because you were so hasty in getting this video out right?

So are you also accusing Randi of counterfeiting that 8.5x11" piece of paper that apparently also caused an amber response from the pen?

Looking forward to your answers.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Kevin

I watched the video and Jim is not accusing anyone of anything, he does not need to.

Randi states that he produced his own money for the demonstration on a copy machine. That is illegal. So please don't be silly and start drawing other imaginary inferences. Jim never stated any problem with the pen, or the issue that Randi was addressing, only with the disclosure made by Randi that money he used in the demonstration was not real and that he personally produced it on a copy machine.

Tony Iacoviello
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
I am not an attorney but my reading of Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 25, Section 474, which deals with "Plates, stones, or analog, digital, or electronic images for counterfeiting obligations or securities", would seem to include a provision that allows for Randi's use of a photocopied bill. Specifically the last sentence of section (b) reads: "The Secretary shall establish a system (pursuant to section 504) to ensure that the legitimate use of such electronic methods and retention of such reproductions by businesses, hobbyists, press and others shall not be unduly restricted."

That sounds like a provision designed to allow for things like making copies of money to use in plays or movies or magic performances or even lectures by magicians in which the lecturer destroys the funny money during the lecture.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Jim Callahan Starting to Gain Momentum (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL