The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » I want to Expose (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
My performance is very Tommy Cooperish in many ways. I have a couple of ideas for "Tricks Gone Wrong" but I'm not sure what would be acceptable? As many of you know I'm not too hip on exposure but no one's seemed to mind Comedy Exposure.... Cooper is LOVED by all! Are there any effects that are so well know that exposure wouldn't hurt?
Thanks
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Slim,

I bet you could invent some off the wall methods that don't exist and are better comedy than exposing the real method. Before anyone turns the thread into a rant about exposure why not turn it into a thread where some great comedy false exposures are suggested.

Maybe Slim can start things by telling us what bits he'd like to perform in the show and then we might suggest ways to falsely expose it.

Best,

Tim
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
There's always the ol' "shoes on the broomstick levitation". Hmm, wouldn't it be interesting if, after the "exposure", the assistant walks away leaving the shoes and broomstick floating without any visible support?
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Multiplying bottles is always a good mock exposure effect as you keep showing the trick is accomplished with an extra bottle but the audience doesn't (or at least they shouldn't) know where the bottles are coming from.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I just happened on a two person group called Men In Coats. Their youtube videos have been around for over a year, but they are absolutely hilarious. They also incorporate a comedy "exposure" in their act. Take a look at it and it might give you some ideas. Just go to youtube and search "men in coats".

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Those guys are fantastic. lyndel also sent a link of these guys. I remember the shoes on sticks and thought that that might be OK ... And after the Sucker part having a "Miracle" happen while my back is turned would be killer! You guys are on my wave-lenght and I'm liking it. Multiplying bottles is also a great idea... Tommy did a good one ... I also wanted to see where I could purchase the Glasses where for the MILK routine. I have an idea how I'd do it but I'm not sure if everything is available for purchase? (No exposure there)
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Swann101
I like the shoe on broomstick idea like DC did some time back, and at the end it goes into a ashra effect. That was nicely done with a "exposure touch"
Mad Jack
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Mad Jack
That act (Men In Coats) is one of the best I have ever seen! Pure genius. Thanks to anyone who posted a link to them.

Mad Jack
soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of soleil
Most comic acts use some false exposure. Do some search on Youtube,
Best,
Soleil
"Art is the Artist. The Artist is God."- Goete
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Now THAT was really funny! All of it was old stuff, but the original way they presented it was outstanding! Here's more:

http://www.funny-stuff-central.com/videos/8.html
dbearden
View Profile
Regular user
Oneonta, AL
102 Posts

Profile of dbearden
I can't recall the name of the site right off the top of my head, but the other day I was looking around and came across a web site that had some of the most ridiculous, funny false explanations for effects & illusions....I laughed and laughed....I'll see if I can find it again.....it would give you lots of food for thought.....
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Is it that Malusionist one? (Something like that0
dbearden
View Profile
Regular user
Oneonta, AL
102 Posts

Profile of dbearden
Yes, I believe that's the one...though now I can't seem to find it.....
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
It appears to be gone.
richards
View Profile
New user
Brian Richards
82 Posts

Profile of richards
David Kaye did a very funny video of The Masked Magician Secrets Finally Revealed and in the video it "apparently" revealed the coloring book. The secret is false, apparently using the minimally clothed assistant as misdirection. VERY FUNNY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6yMZSt8vYU
motivationalmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
179 Posts

Profile of motivationalmagic
Brian, the David Kaye/Silly Billy video is absolutely hilarious!!! The coloring book "explanation" is extremely clever. Loved the appearance of Simon Lovell, as well.

After the levitation, I think that David could have enhanced it just a tiny bit by having the two girls at the end check his pockets and steal his wallet while he was lying there in the ground.

Rich
Motivational Magic
"The Magician on a Mission to Motivate"
www.MotivationalMagic.com
richards
View Profile
New user
Brian Richards
82 Posts

Profile of richards
That would be funny!
Will L.
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Will L.
Esnredshirt-good idea- "made up effects", like Pn & Telr- mismade effect, with the sliding compartment, performed with a bit of subtle magic. Very entertainig effect !
Todays The Day.
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
"Backstage with a magician" is a nice way of exposure...
or the door-version of it is also a really nice way! The Paul Daniel version rocks!

How about Penn&Tellers "trapdoor"? Would it be okay to use that idea?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » I want to Expose (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL