The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Time for a category of it's own... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2365 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I think it's time for a category for "Electronic Magic / Mentalism" this is a fast growing , fun and interesting topic, that would see many of it's very own threads, there could be new ideas, build it yourself and vendors too could be found here. Please consider too that it may bring more exposure to electronic magic for those who are unfamiliar with it.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4815 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Can you please be a bit more specific?
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I would imagine it's a very narrow range of devices, each specifically suited to a particular magic category already established, not worthy of it's own category.

Radio transmitters, RFID devices, covert signalling devices, FISM flashes, even D'lites. Where do we draw the line? We already have a "build it yourself" section, as well as topics that cover all the uses of these, sorted by presentation.

For example, if you have a section for implanted RFID chips in playing cards, would it go in the card, gambling or mentalism section? That would depend entirely on the application at the time. Does this mean we need a duplicate "electronics" section for each and every category? I doubt it. I'd be happy to read about whatever he has in mind in the already established category rather than look somewhere else.

But that's just me.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2365 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Well Steve and Dave , Dave V's post certainly says quite a bit about a small but growing category, It would be completely on it's own not part of an existing category such as Penny for.. or any other and it would grow on it's own, yes all this info is somewhere here and more will come, but why jump all over looking for it and doing several searches and getting timed out of a search, It could also spark someone’s imagination who never thought of electronics before, it can have a 90 day test drive and see how many folks read it and post in it, if it does not work , delete it, but it could be the future of our art here, going electronic. If you decide against it, I thank you for think about it and giving me that respect. Dave
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4815 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Both of you make good points - I will give it some thought...
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Time for a category of it's own... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL