The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Questions about "The Book of Haunted magick" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

crossroader
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of crossroader
Hi,
I'm planning to order this one, so I'd like to know if it is only about bizzare magick or mentalism in general.
Christos
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
I have Rick's book and I have never met him, nor so much as shared an email with him, unlike some other authors on this list, so these are totally my own thoughts and feelings on this book:

This book is sooooo way under priced, it is shameful! This is a must buy book. Great effects.

The book has a lot of mentalism in it, but it is the story, setting, and props that make it Haunted Magick.

I love this book and wish people would not buy it and stop asking about it because the information in this book is not theory, it is what he does. Tried, tested and proven to work. Set yourself apart and get the book.

Side note: If you are just starting out and looking for a a book of effects, pass on this book, as presentation and character are everything.

Just me.

Kevin Smile
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I can second Kevin's post. You will see very thorough routines in Haunted Magic. These will help clarify to what level it is that an engaging presentation should be thought out and crafted.

There is brilliant work within the pages of Haunted Magick!

Tom
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
It will also be going out of print soon so Rick can publish his new book, Occom's (sp?) Magic. I spoke with Rick over the phone and it seems as if Occom's Magic is going to be wonderful.
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
Time to throw the cat amongst the pigeons!
I was dissapointed with it.
Now don't get me wrong, all the routines are usable, and I do find it a very valuable book.
BUT it is not on the same par as, say, Capricornian Tales or The Practioner Journeys into Grey.
What do you all think?
I like Christian' s writing style and also the late great Eugene Poinc's.
When you pick up one of their books you know you are in for a journey to some place else, some place bizarre!!

Smile Smile
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
If you had Poincian expectations you might think this book falls short...until you try the material. What you will find in Haunted is magic that will touch your participants and affect them rather strongly.

It lies somewhere between the wild tales of Poinc and "just some strong card which gets a great reaction". Some of the routines dance more toward the "Grey" and some are comfortably seated more toward the traditional. This makes for material which is accessible to any presentation style.

You will discover how to give your magic impact and meaning for your audience. These are the things which make magic memorable.

Get it!

Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Questions about "The Book of Haunted magick" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL