The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » B.I.P. 2.0. Help!!! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Moderncelt
View Profile
Veteran user
Twin Cities MN
343 Posts

Profile of Moderncelt
Thanks Gerry. I look forward to it.
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
Quote:
On 2008-05-20 16:18, Arnon wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-02-25 13:25, chmara wrote:
I hate to mention (because it has been overworked) the "too perfect theory" that many magicians subscribe to in order to make what looks like mistakes turn into miracles. While surprising and often funny to an audience -- a perfect climax leaves out the connection with the audience's own fallibility.
Direct revelation smacks of "instant magic" as opposed to the human process of cmmunication between two minds --- particulary if developed by scholars as a test of POTENTIAL esp powers the audience member may display in transmitting thought to you.

Chmara:

While I completely agree with you with regard to the second statement I quoted from your post, I strongly suspect that you do not understand the meaning of "The Too Perfect Theory."

The reactions I get from using B.I.P. 2.0 are off the scale. After every performance in which I use it, I have to disuade onlookers after my set from believing that I am actually reading minds. It amazes me that some experienced performers get no more than mediocre reactions from this.

Arnon

Arnon; is there any way you can help us out with an idea of how you present it? I'm getting ho hum results with it.
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2008-05-22 20:57, auktionman007 wrote:
Arnon; is there any way you can help us out with an idea of how you present it? I'm getting ho hum results with it.

OVERALL PRESENTATIONAL PREMISE:

"Here's a testing manual from the British Institute of Parapsychology that I picked up while on my last vacation to London. Would you like to see how each of us does on some of the tests? They vary.... Here's one...."

SPECIFIC PRESENTATIONAL PREMISE:

I tailor this to the event for which I have been hired. Anytime you personalize your effects for your audience and host, you score big time!

See, for example, Gerry's excellent "match" premise. Use it for weddings, anniversaries, divorce celebrations (hehehe), etc.

OVERALL PERFORMING STYLE:

I like to keep the attitude light with the mystery strong, like my coffee. Fun but profoundly mystifying. It is my view that if mentalism is presented in too heavy-handed a manner, or if the performer takes himself too seriously, the entertainment value is destroyed. However, that may work for others - I'm thinking of Orson Welles - YMMV.

Hope that helps.

Arnon

P.S. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG6a8HPYbfI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » B.I.P. 2.0. Help!!! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL