The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » There's No Such Thing As Hypnosis! Or so he claims » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It seems to fluxuate back and forth.

The first one is an interesting topic.

The second is pointless.

The first has FAR MORE to do with being a performer, than the second as well. I refuse to argue the second point any more. The first however can be facinating.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If there's a voice in your head you hear as you read... you're in a trance.

if you can drive to work and forget whether you passed a certain landmark on your trip... guess what.

As to whether it's ecological for folks here to explore their own or other folks un/subconscious minds... IMHO it's NOT - at best it's disillusionment and at worst it's like training folks how to tease caged animals.

So for most here - nope - no such thing. Whew that's a relief.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Sickpuppy
View Profile
New user
Manchester, England
50 Posts

Profile of Sickpuppy
Hi Everybody

Not been on here for a long time but I feel I need to add my feelings to this discussion.

I have seen most of Jonathan’s work and I have the pleasure of knowing Jonathan on a personal level.
His work is second to non and I know I have seen loads of poor quality and badly produced DVD’s!
On a personal level I have found him to be a very warm and generous character. I have a lot of time for him and his family.
And if asked I will continue to point people in the direction of his work.

Just before people ask I am not Jonathon and I do not work for him. I just have the pleasure of knowing him and his work.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18037 Posts

Profile of Slim King
His work is second to NONE?
I would say that leaving off the "E" is a subliminal hint that you do not believe what you are saying. Smile
You are not giving the entire story here Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Katherine Anne
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Katherine Anne
Slim, I love how you have this fantastic ability to irritate people in the upmost polite way with the cunning use of smily faces. Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18037 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Thanks Kathrine! ... You remind me of someone else I've communicated with on the internet Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Sick puppy - very good name.
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Hi all,I actually met and spent some quality time with Mr Royale at Blackpool. Hes a warm ,funny,knowledgeable guy.His partner is also. His hypno skills are excellent and he's a sharing guy.
Anyone who floats in the "Penny "section will be able to vouch that Im not Royale in disguise.
If youre browsing Jonathan,then HI, thank you for making Blackpool that bit extra special for myself and Russ ( you had him on the floor at one point )this year,hope to meet up with you again.
Reagards Mark
E.O.I
jdwinnipeg
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of jdwinnipeg
Well gettin back to the original post, I myself as well have purchased this set from Royle 10 dvd's in all plus a couple bonus discs. I gotta say, the most boring course in the world plus awful audio. Don't think I've got to disc 6 yet nor want to and don't think I've learned a *** thing yet lol. Was lookin for the real WORK on hypnosis from a beginners standpoint and just not impressed at all. Even from the books I've read scripts I've purchased etc. etc. no definitive direction from any of them. So if any of you could tell me of good quality (both content and production) hypnosis courses or dvd's it would be much appreciated. Not that I haven't spent the time and some money on purchasing bad stuff cuz I have. But if any know of the good no nonsense training that works and is taught by a good teacher I would love to know of it. Thanks.

J.D.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
When you buy courses you run a serious risk.

Richard Nongard has about as complete stuff as you could ask for but even HE says it is not going to make you a hypnotist quick.

His stuff is what I recomend, and then get a mentor and spend about 10 grand. In the long run it is a LOT cheaper.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
jdwinnipeg
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of jdwinnipeg
Thanks, not lookin for quick but am lookin for a start you know. Not the most embracing industry for quality information.

JD
Katherine Anne
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Katherine Anne
I agree with Donnydoyle about Nongard...

I highly recomend his videos. But really, you just need to go out there and practice. Experience is something that you can't be taught by any book or DVD.

:)

KA
jdwinnipeg
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of jdwinnipeg
Thanks for the comments.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Doesn't matter what the subject not everyone will agree or see things from the same point of view.

Therefore its pointless arguing. If you are in the camp that hypnosis exists then in your reality you get access to some of the significant benefits hypnosis can bring. If you are in the camp of it not exisiting I suppose that has its benefits to.

Academic qualifications aren't any indication since you will find academics in both camps.

Personally I choose the camp that makes most sense to me and my experience.
WillBox
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of WillBox
I hadnt read this thread before and just wanted to throw some ideas in. How can the following be acted as a part of compliance:

If a hypnotised person is given a wooden frame and suggested that it is a mirror, they will focus their eyes between the wooden frame rather than through it. This is actually very difficult to act consciously.

If a hypnotist suggests to a subject that the hypnotist is invisible, and then lifts an object, the subject can undergo very visual symptoms of fright. Not just placing hands to mouth and saying "oh my god!", but pale skin, wide eyes and a definate subconscious fear response.

A person who is given a post-hypnotic compulsion will creatively rationalise their actions in a way that they consciously would be unlikely to achieve.

I find the model of automatic subconscious response being guarded by a conscious critical faculty which can be bypassed far more likely and useful than social compliance theory, although much social compliance is an unconscious response anyway.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2008-05-19 08:31, WillBox wrote:
I find the model of automatic subconscious response being guarded by a conscious critical faculty which can be bypassed far more likely and useful than social compliance theory, although much social compliance is an unconscious response anyway.

I thoroughly agree Willbox. Very well stated.
And might I just that I've never understood how it might be possible in any way shape or form to explain that a soldier in a trench, getting his leg sawn off without any anesthetic, isn't really hypnosis. It's just social compliance.

Bobser.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I would go further and say most if not all responses are unconscious. How many muscles and mental computations are needed to type a post? You couldn't co-ordinate all of them consciously it happens unconsciously. And the urge or drive to reply or continue to debate or contribute where does that come from?

Very little of what we do or who we are is by conscious design. that's where the conversational hypnosis comes in. By pacing,leading or hijacking natural trances that are occuring all the time.
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Using the Magic Café search engine, I found this topic, which I posted in, which discusses the question in the first post.

Is Hynposis Fake?

Any further discussion can continue there.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » There's No Such Thing As Hypnosis! Or so he claims » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL