The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Information regarding Roger Klause... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4755 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Fellow magician Lance Pierce sent me the following letter which I am more than happy to share with our Café community - please do take a moment and read it's contents. Thank you so much. Smile
----------------

An important message from Lance Pierce:

Last July, Roger Klause was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung and bone cancer. This began with a tumor in his lung from which cells migrated and settled in his hip. The doctors first told him they'd never had a patient with both kinds of cancer to this degree who's survived. However, he's received numerous radiation treatments to attack the cancer in his hip and chemotherapy for the tumor in his lung, and he's still fighting. His treatments and therapies continue, and this, of course, has placed considerable financial strain on Roger and his wife, Wanda.

Not long ago, South Carolina magician Dexter Cleveland approached me with an idea he called Project F.O.R.K.. The "FORK" stands for "Friends of Roger Klause." He envisioned some kind of donation program to help Roger and Wanda, and it grew into the effort you can see now by Clicking here!.

We've tried to make the pages there as informative as possible, so you can see all about it there.

Lance Pierce

---------------

Roger is a great guy and one of the true living legends in our art. I realize we all have bills to pay and there are always those folks who are asking for help BUT - if ever there was someone deserving of a helping hand it would be Roger.

I've known Roger for many many years. He is a special guy who has helped so many in the magic world. I've made my donation and ask that you consider doing the same. Any amount will help and is most appreciated.

PLEASE Click here and take a moment to lend a helping hand. You'll feel better for it and Roger and family will be forever greatful. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Bob Tucker
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Bob Tucker
Steve
Im mailing a check for 20.00 for Roger. I hope more money will follow.
Jerry Petryk of your club alerted me about the need. The check went to project F.O.R.K.

Bob Tucker
bt12938@comcast.net
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Roger entertained me for hours on his vhs tapes and hopefully more find out and donate. Good luck Roger.
Bob Tucker
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Bob Tucker
Gerry
The tapes arrived and the one with Garcia Roth, Harris and Dingle is the one I was searching for. Thanks again. Please let me know how Roger is doing from time to time. Maybe others will see this and start donating as well. Every little bit will help. Thank you once again
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Anymore on Roger, hopefully everything is going great.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2971 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2008-04-02 13:14, thehawk wrote:
Anymore on Roger, hopefully everything is going great.

I was wondering the same thing. I went on Jeff Pierce's website and there is no up to date information that I saw. ??????
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
genemccarthy
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of genemccarthy
Hello, if you know Roger give him a call. He'd love to hear from you. I spoke with him and we had heaps of laughs speaking of performers we know and incidents we have experienced, gags, in the past.

He sounded like always.

gene
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Information regarding Roger Klause... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL