The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Extractor coming soon from Alakazam. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..15~16~17 [Next]
rubadubdub
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of rubadubdub
Hi Guys,
On sunday I went to the Ruskin for a few beers to end the Blackpool convention and Ben Earl asked me to come and watch a new effect of Peter Nardis.

Pete got me to shuffle of deck of cards while his head was turned and to take any one out and to sign it.
Then he asked me to put all the other cards in the box and to then put my signed card back in the box as well losing my card.

He then put the boxed deck away in his inside jacket pocket.
Peter then proceeded to divine the name of my card which hit me like a train.
If that wasnt enough he then showed his hand empty and reached in his trousers pocket and pulled out my signed card.

Talk about impact fellas.

Honestly, this is one of the strongest things with cards Ive seen in years and blew me away.

Peter informed me that this item was in production and would be released in about 2 months.
Just ask Gary Jones what he thought when Pete showed it to him later that evening.
The effect will come with a dvd which will teach the above routine in its finest detail as well as many other applications for the concept.

Alakazam will be taking pre orders for this in the not too distant future.

Thank you Peter for a truly special piece of magic.

Best

John Carey
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Sounds fantsatic, but why did you sign the card?
Nick x
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
To show it was the same card that was pulled out of his pocket, so there could not have been any force or funny business. Peter showed me this a year ago almost, and I loved it then, and love it now. It really is incredible, and diabolically clever!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Anyone know when you can pre order??

This sounds like a killer and if it has Peter Nardi and Alakazam's name to it it bound to be a winner!!

Talking of alakazam - Matthew J showed me an effect @ Blackpool, which will feature on his next DVD and man it killed, but I understand the dvd is some months off!!
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Aha, forgot about the lastpart of the effect, makes sense now.
wizardofthenorth
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of wizardofthenorth
Hi Guys,
I got one of these from Peter at Blackpool and I do know he has some more but with no dvd or instructions but if you can't wait for the release date - give him a call...
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Peter Showed this to me and it is a great effect as befits the Alakazam range.

Get your order in now

best regards
Jaz
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2008-02-25 12:26, rubadubdub wrote:
Hi Guys,
On sunday I went to the Ruskin for a few beers to end the Blackpool convention and Ben Earl asked me to come and watch a new effect of Peter Nardis.

Pete got me to shuffle of deck of cards while his head was turned and to take any one out and to sign it.
Then he asked me to put all the other cards in the box and to then put my signed card back in the box as well losing my card.

He then put the boxed deck away in his inside jacket pocket.
Peter then proceeded to divine the name of my card which hit me like a train.
If that wasnt enough he then showed his hand empty and reached in his trousers pocket and pulled out my signed card.

Talk about impact fellas.

Honestly, this is one of the strongest things with cards Ive seen in years and blew me away.

Peter informed me that this item was in production and would be released in about 2 months.
Just ask Gary Jones what he thought when Pete showed it to him later that evening.
The effect will come with a dvd which will teach the above routine in its finest detail as well as many other applications for the concept.

Alakazam will be taking pre orders for this in the not too distant future.

Thank you Peter for a truly special piece of magic.

Best

John Carey

Hi John,

There were so many highlights this year at Blackpool but this was the only effect to catch me big time, it totally floored me. When Peter showed me the workings I just had to laugh, ingenious. This had some of the biggest guns in magic absolutely baffled.

This is a worker and this effect is not only ideal to do whilst "strolling", it could also be a feature in a stand-up performance.

Nice one Peter.

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Thank you very much for the kind comments guys. It was great seeing you all!

Peter
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Peter - Has a date been set for this??

Ash
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Ash,

We will start taking pre-orders within the next 2-3 weeks but the release date will be sometime in April. Extractor will come complete with the handmade gimmick and a DVD full of real world effects, that will knock your spectators sideways!

Regards

Peter
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Peter,

Ha! Thank you for showing me this routine! It definitely gave me that little chuckle inside we magicians get when we are fooled! I hated it though!!!

Cheers,

Ben Williams
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Sounds nice, Peter what price are we looking at.

mescalito
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Just too clear up something about the final effect. Did the cardss go into his jacket pocket, and he then pull the card out of his trouser pocket i.e. claim of it vanishing and reapearing. Or did he reach into his jacket pocket,and pull out the cards- a demonstration of amazing apparent skill. Just wandering, both are fantastic ;p
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Nick,

My card to pocket routine is only one of the effects on the DVD. The cards are put in the box by the spec, the spec puts their card in the box ANYWHERE they like. The box is closed and placed in my left inside jacket pocket. I then name the specs card and with an empty hand reach into my right hand trouser pocket with my finger tips and pull out the signed card. It's as direct as that.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Peter
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Will the availabilty of this item be announced here? (Since I don't stop at alakazam on a regular basis - here I do)
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Quote:
On 2008-02-28 13:51, CardMaker wrote:
Will the availabilty of this item be announced here? (Since I don't stop at alakazam on a regular basis - here I do)

Why not just stop by at Alakazam.co.uk more regularly if you're interested in this? Smile
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Extractor is wonderful, I know Peter and I are friends and colleagues but please understand this: I hate the fact that I have to say on a public forum that Nardi floored me with this, I came up with some crazy solutions to how he had fooled me in a sorry attempt to retain some credibility but I was miles off.

The effect is clean, direct and very versatile..

Spelmann
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Really can't wait for this. Have we got any indication of what the price will be?
Nick
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

The Extractor will sell for £50.00/$100.00.

Peter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Extractor coming soon from Alakazam. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..15~16~17 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL