The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Cut and Restored Mic Cable - best gimmick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Oli
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
46 Posts

Profile of Oli
Hi all!

I looking to incorporate the C&R Mic Cable into an act, and wondered what people think the best p**l or r**l is to use for this certain way of performing the effect?

If anyone performs this effect - do you have any preferences?

Thanks in advance,

Oli
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Any holdout will do. Even a t---b tip, but, you can just tie the "pieces" together and leave the knot..its just as funny.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5287 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Heck, I use a loop of black Licorice (way easy to cut) thumb palmed and a Funken ring (for sparks). No big deal, just walk out and do it. Ditch the Licorice and ring when the scissors are put away.

The way to make this trick work is to actually have the mike turned off when you cut the cord. Then you can tap the mike and no sound will be heard.

A second way is to use a wireless mike and attach a cord to it making it look like a corded mike (use the rubber stuff that holds screen door screens in place in the frame). Use the cut the cord for real, and then tie it together with the mike coming live again. Leave the knot in place for the entire act.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Oli
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
46 Posts

Profile of Oli
Thanks guys.

I like the idea of the Licorice. I'd like to be left clean hence my thinking behind the p**l - that said - the eat you way out of an effect is also a novel idea!
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
I just cut the pieces off little by little till they're all gone. I have a bunch of pieces on the floor and then act like the mic cord is now just a little too short so I have to move the mic stand closer to me. (kind of make a deal of that part)
enjoy!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Cut and Restored Mic Cable - best gimmick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL