The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Day For Any Date - Mac OS X style! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
With help from savings and my tax refund, I just bought a brand new 2.4GHz 64-bit iMac with a 20-inch screen (you should see the Magic Café on this thing!). Being a programmer, I could help but spend most of the weekend playing with Dashcode.

After working through the basics, I've finally developed a Day of the Week For Any Date widget that generates random dates and quizzes you! On the back, you can select the range of years: "1900-1999", "2000-2099" or "1600-2399", and there's even a link to my site so that you can learn the feat!

If any of you out there run Mac OS X 10.4 or better, please download this widget and let me know what you think!

As I side note, I also developed a widget that keeps you updated on all the Grey Matters posts, as well.
The Jack
View Profile
V.I.P.
228 Posts

Profile of The Jack
Great Idea!!! I m Also a Mac user. Maybe you can do something with Magic Squares (just to practice or learn using a widget).

Thanks
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
A magic square widget? That's an interesting idea. What exactly did you have in mind - something that gives you a number, and you have to create a magic square with that total?

Or perhaps something like this or this?

Speaking of mathematical/memory feats and widgets, Petri Kallberg has written a great Knight's Tour widget. I've written and update of this, and he should be posting it in the next few weeks.
The Jack
View Profile
V.I.P.
228 Posts

Profile of The Jack
WOW that Knight s Tour is Great!!!

NOw about the magic Square I think it will be very usefull if the widget gives you a number and you must create the magic Square (the program should che the results automaticaly). This would be a perfect tool for trainig.

Thanks!!!
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I've finally gotten my copy of OSX 10.5, so I look forward to playing with your "Day of the Week" widget.

Now I just need to brush up on the memorization of the formula I use.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Day For Any Date - Mac OS X style! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL