The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Tricks And Stunts With Animal Traps (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Gordon Astley
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Gordon Astley
I am a bit late to this party. Thanks to Todd Robbins I know perform BLOCKHEAD and am embarking on the Animal Trap. Could any of you charming people point his Brit in the direction of literature, scripts or routines ? ( I already have Mr. Robbins booklet). Thanks you in anticipation
Gordon Astley
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
The effect The World most Dangerous Card Trick has been getting great reviews.
Check it out it comes with an animal trap and it is safe to use if you follow the video that comes with it.
https://www.schoolofbusking.com/shop/p/m......rd-trick
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
And you get an animal trap included.... well worth it! I think you sold out at Blackpool didn't you Mario?
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of bosami
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, Mario Morris wrote:
Check it out it comes with an animal trap and it is safe to use if you follow the video that comes with it.

Just watched the vid on You Tube. That was fantastic. Smile
...forever curious
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, Mario Morris wrote:

This remains a favorite of mine. I close my show with this!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
I believe Scott Alexander will be showing an animal trap routine in upcoming PenguinHoliday lecture
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Not sure what the difference is with the small animal trap Abbott's or others sell from their magic shop, but Oneida Victor small animal traps can be bought from any store that sells animal traps. Small animal traps are not really dangerous. They are meant to trap an animal without causing it severe damage. They only cost about $10
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Just had someone confirm for me that Abbott's Daring Spring Trap is actually Oneida Victor 1 1/2 animal trap. They are intended for catch and release while maintaining the safety of the animal, and do not cause serious injury. They also don't need to be modified in anyway. Only costs
$10 compared to the marked up price of $30.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
I bought from Abbott’s. Got plain metal. Spray painted rust color around edges, let dry, then put bit of Vaseline on the paint. Then used Rustoleum’s hammered black spray paint, Giving it a rustic wrought iron finish. It then Wipe the edges to expose the rust colored paint. Ended up with what looks like a antique looking monstrosity...looks very intimidating.

I use a metal suitcase on tray stand, and found it needs a bit of support when setting the trap. So I took small board and painted it bright yellow. Is gives support and provided contrast to the dark trap. I dropped a bit of red paint on the board, and make passing comment about a mishap during rehearsal.

I’ll do the white painted breadstick bit...showing how the trap shatters “bone.” I also use old jugglers trick of taking a carrot and whacking it against open jaws of trap...as bits of carrot break off, it “shows” the razor shapness of the trap.

So much fun using this prop,,,,
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Or you can just buy rusty old traps, used.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Gemeanii
View Profile
Regular user
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now....
161 Posts

Profile of Gemeanii
And fairly inexpensive when you find them at the Antique Mall...

Works fins - lasts a long time.

TGG
Steve Gemeny
The Great Gemeanii
[email]steve@gemeny.com[/email]
www.gemeanii.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I still am sending out FREE for the asking my original Traps-A-Monte-Mental (PDF) Just eMail me or MESSAGE PM. Smile Have sent out many hundreds over the years.
Cheers.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Wonderful to hear, Doug! I greatly appreciated it and thoroughly enjoyed it!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Tony Montuori
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Tony Montuori
I used to perform this in my act as just a straight up "weird wonder" and though it played well, I'd always felt that I could do more with it. Recently, I finally hit on what I "think" will be a solid routine. Of course, it is only in my head at this point and it could all fall apart in practice but I'll post here again if it is successful.
bubbles
View Profile
New user
The 5th Dimension
99 Posts

Profile of bubbles
This thread really has some staying power!! First post back in 2003!
I too have found myself scrolling through the sections of the Café during covid. Some great stuff on this site, thanks for all those who contribute.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Love revisiting old threads.

Since all of this, I've also gotten Lonnie Chevrie's Penguin Lecture. He shows his animal trap routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Tricks And Stunts With Animal Traps (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL