The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Day job woes... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
So I injured my back 1 1/2 years ago and took a day job to replace the lost performance income. Well, now the company is relocating to Chattanooga, and I am going to have to find a new day job. Think of me... I've never had to go out a find a job. Even the current job came to me - my friend heard about the injury, had an open position and wha-lah! I've never sent out resumes or gone on job interviews. I'm really anxious about it...
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
Lord Anacho
View Profile
Regular user
Kessel-Lo, Belgium
157 Posts

Profile of Lord Anacho
As I am sure of my employment to the day I retire, I can only imagine how though that must be.

Sending some positive vibes...

Ciao for now

Erik
"The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything" (Alfred Borden in The Prestige)
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Wanna sell some D'LITES?
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
Good luck. Hope you find something suitable, perhaps you already have?

Depending on where you are, the job market can be really tough. I've been looking in my area of computer expertise for over a year now and occasionally find something that may work out, but so far, no job offers.

Perhaps your area is different or perhaps your area of expertise has more opportunities.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Quote:
On 2008-02-28 12:42, Big Daddy Cool wrote:
So I injured my back 1 1/2 years ago and took a day job to replace the lost performance income. Well, now the company is relocating to Chattanooga, and I am going to have to find a new day job. Think of me... I've never had to go out a find a job. Even the current job came to me - my friend heard about the injury, had an open position and wha-lah! I've never sent out resumes or gone on job interviews. I'm really anxious about it...

An interview is nothing more than a performance!

Look at it this way:

You need to have a logical begining, middle, and end to a performance, right?

Same thing in an interview...Be calm, be yourself, and don't panic....Introduce yourself, be considerate and listen when the interviewer speaks...Answer all his/her questions with UTTER honesty....Be genuine in your responses and just be the "Big Daddy Cool" we all know and love here and you'll do FINE, no matter what to position you are applying for....

Quote from who knows who:

Whether you are interviewing to be a ditch-digger or a CEO, dress smart, be on time, and comb your hair....

Bon Chance pal....Break a leg!

Prof. Piper
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Day job woes... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL