The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Modern Art Track (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
I asked about this in another thread, but thought I'd make a separate thread just for this illusion incase someone else did a search or in case anyone who didn't see the last thread would have an unconsidered option.

What type of track would be best to connect the two halves of modern art so that they slide as easily as possible?
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
I've done it two ways. One way is using a drawer slide. This works better than you might imagine, and is the simplest/easiest way (IMO). The other way is too complicated to explain w/out pictures, but I don't think you'd want to do it this way as it takes a lot of time and math, and a bit of trial and error to get it just right. I think your best bet would be to use drawer slides.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I used drawer slides and they worked well, but it was something of a pain to disassemble and reassemble the illusion. If it will remain together, this is a great choice.

A Café member once recommended using a machined, two-piece Delrin plastic slide, using a male/female dovetail slot and tab. This works better, is quieter, and makes disassembly simple.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Joe Mansfield
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Joe Mansfield
The dovetail slot and tab work very well just made of wood. Especially if you rub the parts with parafin wax.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Modern Art Track (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL