We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 1 In Every 99 Americans Now Behind Bars (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..15~16~17 [Next]
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Deanne Elshloz,44, was charged with domestic battery in Wesley Chapel, Fla., after hitting her husband, David, in the face with a glass. David, intoxicated, had enraged Deanne by completely missing the toilet bowl as he stood to urinate. Deanne then angrily charged after him but lost her footing on the urine-slippery floor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
The poor little thing was just hungry.

Article here.

A Nebraska man who called a woman “fat” at a party had one of his ears bitten off.

Lincoln authorities say around 3:25 a.m. Wednesday police were called to the hospital to talk to the victim, who said 21-year-old Anna Godfrey bit his ear off because he called her fat.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Going around eating ears isn't going to make her any skinnier.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
(From Florida) Travis Neeley,19, was arrested in Lake City,Fla., for burglarizing a car, caught red-handed by the owner, who used the remote-control to lock Neeley inside. Neeley tried several times to unlock a door and exit, but each time, the owner relocked it before Neeley could get out, and he finally gave up and waited for the police.
You may have noticed that the article said the door got unlocked and relocked SEVERAL times. How many times is Several times? If it's a lot of times, it must have sure looked comical.
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
(From Montana news) John White, running for sheriff in Roundup, Mont., will be Unable to carry a gun if he wins because of a long-ago bank robbery conviction.
Algebra2
View Profile
Regular user
CA
156 Posts

Profile of Algebra2
Ron Paul 2012 for President, check out http://www.campaignforliberty.com, make the Fed dissapear
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Oh.. so this thread went from one direction, to naming off odd crimes, to campaigning for president? While Ron might have some good ideas, there is no chance.

What would take over as the banking system if the fed went bye bye?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
The good ol' boys Shylock Society
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Although this news item is Not American but instead from Sweden-news, it's still pertinent for this thread since it involves prison. Sweden's Metro newspaper reported that a 21-year-old inmate at Kirseberg prison in Malmo faces discipline for continuing his protests against jail conditions by aiming his Gas-passing directly at guards.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
That is one talented inmate. Hey wait a minute my wife has accused me of possessing that very same talent.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2010-05-11 12:26, kcg5 wrote:
Oh.. so this thread went from one direction, to naming off odd crimes, to campaigning for president? While Ron might have some good ideas, there is no chance.

What would take over as the banking system if the fed went bye bye?

I got wiplash from the sudden turn! Thank whoever that so many lawyers are here.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Quote:
On 2010-05-30 22:12, Al Angello wrote:
That is one talented inmate. Hey wait a minute my wife has accused me of possessing that very same talent.

Your acknowledgement of Gas-passing as an actual talent, although meant as a joke, is actually true. Because in vaudeville, there was a performer who would actually pass gas at will, on stage. I'm pretty sure I saw it in a book by Ricky Jay. I'm sure a number of you at this forum must have read that Ricky Jay book too.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-06-12 00:18, Orville_Smith wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-05-30 22:12, Al Angello wrote:

Your acknowledgement of Gas-passing as an actual talent, although meant as a joke, is actually true. Because in vaudeville, there was a performer who would actually pass gas at will, on stage. I'm pretty sure I saw it in a book by Ricky Jay. I'm sure a number of you at this forum must have read that Ricky Jay book too.

Ricky Jay discusses Le Petomane in his book Learned Pigs and Fireproof Women.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Le_P%C3%A9tomane
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I think that I am more of an amature at it. I saw on TV a Hollywood agency that specialized in odd talent, and they had a gas lighting performer. I saw a Scotish man on Leno that vomited things up for a living. My X wife was able to make her tassels twirl in opposit directions. I had an old girl friend that could tie a cherry stem in a knot with her tongue. There was a gut in my high school class that could burp all day long. I saw a woman once who could blow a bubble inside of a bubble. Oh yes there is undiscovered talent out there my friends.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
At some point,the thread deviated from its topic, so now we get back on track. The following odd-crime does Not make sense,so maybe somebody could enlighten: "Clair Arthur Smith,42,of Cape Coral,Fla., was charged with forgery after he allegedly tried to doctor the amount of a check he had received from Bank Of America. Converting the "$10.00" check to $100, or even $100,000, would seem plausible, but Smith tried to deposit the check into his account after he had marked it up to "269,951.00." Why in blazes would he doctor it that way instead? Isn't it like begging to be caught?
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-06-26 16:05, Orville_Smith wrote:
At some point,the thread deviated from its topic, so now we get back on track. The following odd-crime does Not make sense,so maybe somebody could enlighten: "Clair Arthur Smith,42,of Cape Coral,Fla., was charged with forgery after he allegedly tried to doctor the amount of a check he had received from Bank Of America. Converting the "$10.00" check to $100, or even $100,000, would seem plausible, but Smith tried to deposit the check into his account after he had marked it up to "269,951.00." Why in blazes would he doctor it that way instead? Isn't it like begging to be caught?

Do you think maybe he is stupid?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
From Virginia news: Sean Almond,43, was charged with allegedly robbing a Kangaroo Mart in Suffolk, Va. Almond was caught immediately after the robbery when he was spotted in a nearby alley, where he had been overcome by a sudden urge to relieve himself.
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
From Florida news: Three men and two juveniles were charged with burglary in Silver Springs Shores, Fla., following a break-in that netted them electronics and jewelry and what they thought was a stash of Cocaine. The men told police they had snorted some of the powder. The police report identified the powder as the cremated ashes of the resident's late father. Some of the ashes were later recovered.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I'm not sure how this thread transitioned from a discussion about how many Americans are incarcerated to "America's Dumbest Criminals," but getting back to the original discussion, those who think we're putting too MANY people in prison can take solace in the fact that professional sack-of-excrement George Villanueva, despite 28 prior arrests, including convictions for burglary and robbery, at least 23 domestic violence complaints, and multiple violations of a restraining order, was, nonetheless, free and on the streets long enough to (allegedly) kill a military veteran and NYPD officer over the weekend.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011......ute.html
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I think (and I'm not an expert, but have done some research on this) that one reason that some people who should be in prison aren't is because of overcrowding. And one reason for overcrowding was the closure of so many asylums after the invention of anti-psychotic medications that nobody is making sure those who need them are taking after they are thrown onto the streets. And nobody likes taking anti-psychotics because they have extremely unpleasant side effects. So those people go off their meds, hut people, and are now taking up a lot of prison rescources that they shouldn't be.
And if those people were in asylums where they could be properly treated then there would be more room for the criminals who need to be in jail.

Again, just my interpretation, and I understand that my point of view is only one small piece of a very complex puzzle.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 1 In Every 99 Americans Now Behind Bars (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL