The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 1 In Every 99 Americans Now Behind Bars (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..15~16~17 [Next]
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
1 In Every 99 Americans Now Behind Bars?

If it's after work, I suspect more people are behind bars... Drinking.

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
What I feel very sad about and it is not the prisoners
but we lost our own magic santa since this post was first started
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I havent seen magic santa around I miss his posts
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-01-07 03:28, vinsmagic wrote:
I havent seen magic santa around I miss his posts
vinny


http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=32&42
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Critter thanks for the up date. I really thought something had happened to him phewwwww
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Anytime. I like having the grouchy old fart around too.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Quote:
On 2012-01-07 02:09, Dynamike wrote:
It if was not for prison, half of us would not have ever learned sleight of hand to become a magician. Smile


Although you meant that as a joke, I remember reading an actual news report about 20 years ago where an inmate escaped from prison. In his prison-cell was a book he had borrowed from the prison-library, and it was a book about Houdini's escapes.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Orville, there was a similar story about an inmate who was refused books on magic, because they claimed he could do just that.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Here's a few more in prison:
http://www.sbsun.com/ci_19674783


"Sometimes we have to reinforce the idea that it is a crime to not send your child to school,"
Wow, putting it right out there. You ate forced, with threat of violence, to make your kids go to school. School is becoming nothing more than a day prison.
Those who think public education is a good thing, you are saying "we should force people, at fun point, into schools, for their own good of course."
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Speaking of schooling.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/......college/

"I believe that every child should have the opportunity, even if they don't go, to at least apply to a college,"
How do these people not see there is a BIG difference between having the opportunity to do something, and being forced to do it. One is good, the other is simply tyranny.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
So, just to clarify, when your daughter hits 5, if she decides she doesn't want to go to school anymore after a week, you'd be fine with letting her make that decision? Can she just stay home and watch cartoons if that's what she wants to do?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
She'll force herself at fun point to watch them.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Lobo, I'm not a fan of school, but I am a fan of education. My point is that I shouldn't be thrown in a cage IF I didn't make her go back. Are you saying you support using force against me because of such? Because I disagree with what you view as "best" for schooling?
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Critter, do you take issue with my characterisation of the threat backing sending your children to school? If so, honestly, do you think they were just "asking" the parents to go to jail? Pretty please go in this cage?
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-01-08 09:01, gdw wrote:
Lobo, I'm not a fan of school, but I am a fan of education. My point is that I shouldn't be thrown in a cage IF I didn't make her go back. Are you saying you support using force against me because of such? Because I disagree with what you view as "best" for schooling?


What about her autonomy right to not go? Are you saying that you thhe right to force her if you and she disagree?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-01-08 09:04, gdw wrote:
Critter, do you take issue with my characterisation of the threat backing sending your children to school? If so, honestly, do you think they were just "asking" the parents to go to jail? Pretty please go in this cage?


I don't know what you're on about now. I was only thinking that whatever fun point is, it doesn't sound that bad.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2012-01-08 13:15, critter wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-08 09:04, gdw wrote:
Critter, do you take issue with my characterisation of the threat backing sending your children to school? If so, honestly, do you think they were just "asking" the parents to go to jail? Pretty please go in this cage?


I don't know what you're on about now. I was only thinking that whatever fun point is, it doesn't sound that bad.


I like the cut of your jib.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2012-01-08 11:41, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-08 09:01, gdw wrote:
Lobo, I'm not a fan of school, but I am a fan of education. My point is that I shouldn't be thrown in a cage IF I didn't make her go back. Are you saying you support using force against me because of such? Because I disagree with what you view as "best" for schooling?


What about her autonomy right to not go? Are you saying that you thhe right to force her if you and she disagree?


Where did you get that from? That sounds much more like what you are advocating.
The law suggests that I should be thrown in a cage if I don't force her to go.

That's not to say I can't encorage and incentivise her. Unfortunately, statistic often seem to think that the threat of force, ie making a law, is the only way to "incentivise" someone. When your only tool is a hammer ...
Quite often the use of that analogy is pure projection.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16261 Posts

Profile of tommy
Schools are looking more like jails every day and it's good training the thing that is coming.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Most modern educational techniques are unfortunately lamentably deficient

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 1 In Every 99 Americans Now Behind Bars (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL