The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Andrew Mayne's New Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jr_illusion
View Profile
New user
USA
67 Posts

Profile of jr_illusion
Has anyone seen Andrew Mayne's new booklet, Touching the Sky? It's a guide to levitation and gives some different ways to levitate. Check it out on his site http://www.weirdthings.com
alexkrey
View Profile
Elite user
RUSSIA
411 Posts

Profile of alexkrey
Good Book!
Alex Krey
---------------------------
http://www.alexkrey.com
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
It is great!!!!! Everything is fun, easy, and inexpensive. Very clever ideas from a magic genius!

I am putting these ideas into all my shows!
If you don't' have it, get it! 3 of the effects could of been sold seperately at $20.00 each and I would have bought them.
The whole book is only 12.00!!!! Smile
jr_illusion
View Profile
New user
USA
67 Posts

Profile of jr_illusion
Thanks for the reply. Could you maybe give a description of the different types of levitations that are in the book? That would be great.
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
The broom levitation "broom flight" is really cool. Your body and feet are about 3 feet off the ground. Good illusion from the front. Just watch your back and sides. This illusion is perfect for small settings where you have control of the area. I can imagine using this one levitation as a selling point for birthday parties, "and for my deluxe package I will even float myself on a broom stick in your living room just like Harry Potter". Adding this one trick should get you an extra $25-$50 bucks per show.

Airborne is a unique looking levitation. You are seen standing on a chair. A cloth is held in front and your legs are lifted up off the chair one at a time. It looks like your hovering over the chair 6 feet in the air. It's a cool idea that will take a bit of practice and ideas to present it.

Floating on the edge is an impromptu version of Andrew's pocket levitator. So if you leave your gimmick at home, don't worry! Looks very cool, uses a jacket or towel for cover in front. Overall this levitation looks different and is easy to do.

Mid-air is an inexpensive way to float on stage. Sitting indian style on a stool, you remove the stool and you are hovering in the air. You can move up and down and it's very smooth. This is big time magic for little cost and effort. Great for your stage shows, or tv special.

Suspension of disbelief is a new twist on an old idea. Great for stage, or night club setting. Assistant or magician floats in the air lying down. Uses only two chairs, a board, a cloth and an easy to make gimmick.

Street levitation is another classic stunt. Andrew clearly explains the effect, and method and also gives some good advice on how to present the levitation. Smile
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Eddie, you sold me... I just had to go and order the book. Should be getting it soon. Smile
jr_illusion
View Profile
New user
USA
67 Posts

Profile of jr_illusion
Thanks a lot! Time to get the book after hearing all those great things about it.
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
I have not gotten this book yet, but I have never been disappointed by Andrew's products and I look forward to this one. The effects sound amazing!

Eddie, I have to just reiterate this...GET THIS BOOK!!! IT IS DIRT CHEAP AND THE EFFECTS are priceless!

I look forward to getting it ASAP, but from what you and others have said and with the knowledge of Andrew's other products, I can recommend it.

It can be bought on Andrew's site: http://www.weirdthings.com

Take care,
Kyle
wisevamp
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of wisevamp
I have bought some of Andrew's books and I was Highly disappointed in them...I guess you get what you pay for...
nappa
View Profile
Regular user
new york
108 Posts

Profile of nappa
Andrew's stuff is the best in the business. What did you buy and why didn't you like it?
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
I have every one of Andrew's books and I was never disappointed. Some of the effects may seem hokey to some people but you really got to give them a chance and a trial. Some have said Pocket Sawing was not worth their money, I totally disagree. I've been performing my version of it and I get great reactions. Sometimes I feel people are always looking for someone to hand them an award winning trick on a plate. The key is to make something out of nothing. Andrew gives you the basic methods and it's up to the individual to apply it to suit their needs. I feel this way with all magic, there is nothing bad, it just depends on whose hands the tricks get into. Take a simple idea, and be creative.

Best,
Ed
flameboy
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of flameboy
I just got it and i LOVE it so much. Smile
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
My book arrived today!! It is great. I already blew away the family with the Broom Flight levitation. Smile
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Good to hear everyone is enjoying it! I am working on the Mid-air levitation for stage.

The broom flight however is my favorite! Smile
riktmagic
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of riktmagic
Got mine today, performed the broom for my son, he was shocked!!!
a real find!!!!!!
Have a Magical Day....

Rik
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Andrew Mayne's New Book (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL