The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jheff Promised "Journal of the Mind" --- what happened? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Mr. Tboehnlein, in particular, appears to need a spelling tutor. Do they have schools in Ohio?
fib
Bertrand Thornley
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa, FL
278 Posts

Profile of Bertrand Thornley
Fib- "No, I don't think Jheff needs you strong, virile men on this site to come to his aid and comfort"

Look man, you just don't understand how sexy Jheff's reviews are! Smile
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business." Tom Robbins

Personal Revelation: I'm not a hippopotamus
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
... and the latest Paul Brook issue looks fantastic.

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
gerryc
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of gerryc
Just got the email last night, newest edition is out, in March, as promised
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1781 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Fib you are right my spelling sucks, always will while I am here as I am generally doing several things while posting here, just be thankful that I am not one of the many who publish written & ebooks that are not grammatically correct with numerous spelling errors added . I believe the spelling issue is a subconcious rebellion against the parochial(did I spell that right) school education I was brought up on & the numerous ruler slappings I recieved from the nuns at the time.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2008-03-21 02:48, fib wrote:
Jheff, thank you for your gracious offer. I like your writing. I agree in general with your product critiques. I just want to receive something I ordered two to three months ago. But some on this site: Oh. Oh. Oh. Blasphemy. Blasphemy. No, I don't think Jheff needs you strong, virile men on this site to come to his aid and comfort. Why don't you gents write missives on a wall somewhere? Again, thank you Jheff.
Best, fib

http://tinyurl.com/3xrym6

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet (Who is not afraid to sign his name.)
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Stuart Cumberland
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Stuart Cumberland
I have a natural bias, but anyone who has been on my personal mailing list or forum knows that I have a ton of respect for Jheff, mostly for having the balls to stand up and review products fairly, honestly and ethically.

Like most industries, there's a "good boys" club. A guy releases a product and gets 10 of the "good boys" to say positive things about it, in most cases never having seen it.

Jheff is a breath of fresh air. If it's good, he says why. If it sucks, he'll let you know.

Do I agree with all of his reviews. Not by a long shot. But it's always honest and fair.

As far as business practices go, he's been absolutely upstanding with me and I have not heard of one complaint from anyone I know.

Was he late in getting stuff out? Yep. And he explained why--publicly--in his newsletter. I admire him for that. And respect him.

Cut him some slack and save the negativity for those who deserve it.

SC

P.S. For the record, I've rec'd a ton of compliments on the issue that I'm featured in. He did a great job, and I gave away a lot of info. Frankly--and I've told him this personally--he's WAY undercharging for what he's giving. That's his business, mind you, but it's ridiculously low priced. Another reason to back off...
Stuart Cumberland
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Hey, Mr. Tboehnlien, leave the nuns alone. First of all, they're all dying out with little retirement money. Second, they did a *** good job educating kids lucky enough to get a decent education and some discipline -- compared to what's going on today. You can even look at the new generation of magicians and see the vacant look of a lack of education in their eyes.
Hrumph, fib
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Sorry to misspell your name.
fib
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
I am really still trying to figure out how Jheff makes any money. He sells stuff for a good bit cheaper than he should be getting it for. I sent an email to the devil but he was busy with the Macy's float parade.

Seems that he takes really good care of his creators.

On one hand, Jheff offers some great effects and routines from several people...but what I really love is after his "dealer blurbs" he gives his own very honest opinions of anything he offers or suggests.

Jheff's Marketplace of the Mind has been a place where I know that I can go for the inside info.

On the same note, I have lately become quite obsessed with ESP effects. Perhaps Mr. J. can share a link and some info on his wonderful ESP Card routine(s)

No pressure J!

DT3

P.S. I'm sure we all would like a convenient link to check out your work on the ESP deck, so if you could just throw a link up for us, that would be great...sorry if I'm too lazy to do it myself.

Ah, hell. Guess I'm not too lazy.

http://www.jheff.com/Symbol_Act.html

PS, Jheff, you can send the free one to me at http://www.saintsleepless@gmail.com

D.
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
395 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Quote:
On 2008-04-06 01:41, Don Theo III wrote:
I am really still trying to figure out how Jheff makes any money. He sells stuff for a good bit cheaper than he should be getting it for. I sent an email to the devil but he was busy with the Macy's float parade.

DT3,

"makes any money"? My lawyer has advised me not to until the divorce papers are finalized. And, then, the prices will go through the roof! Better join the Marketplace Membership Club now! Only kidding, sort of.

As for your e-mail, I wasn't busy with the Macy's float parade. I was at a conference for members of the International Business Procrastinators. This year, we were deciding on the merit awards for 1997, but realized a few categories from 1994 were not yet decided on, so we put it off until next year's conference. Only kidding, sort of.

I don't recall getting an e-mail from you, although it could be my memory or it could be those nasty spam filters who have a nasty appetite for e-mails you're most waiting for. Send it again to Jheffsmind@aol.com and I'll definitely reply (unless you're requesting a free complete set of Magick!)

Thanks again to all of you for the kind words above. -- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind THE LAZY MENTALIST'S CARD TRICK is now available!!
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2008-04-01 11:13, mormonyoyoman wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-03-21 02:48, fib wrote:
Jheff, thank you for your gracious offer. I like your writing. I agree in general with your product critiques. I just want to receive something I ordered two to three months ago. But some on this site: Oh. Oh. Oh. Blasphemy. Blasphemy. No, I don't think Jheff needs you strong, virile men on this site to come to his aid and comfort. Why don't you gents write missives on a wall somewhere? Again, thank you Jheff.
Best, fib

http://tinyurl.com/3xrym6

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet (Who is not afraid to sign his name.)

Very well, and to the point put, Chet.

Jheff is a gentleman and one of the not too overwhelming number of trustworthy and honest people in the business.
I have had the pleasure of doing business with him for a number of years, and trust me, I have never been let down.
When Jheff says he will deliver, he will.

Sven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jheff Promised "Journal of the Mind" --- what happened? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL