The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jheff Promised "Journal of the Mind" --- what happened? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
A businessman sells you a product. You wait and wait and wait. No product. No, I'm not talking about the old days of Bob Cassidy. I'm talking about Jheff, from whom I purchased Journal of the Mind and has not been forthcoming with his product.
Personal problems -- we all have them. Even me. But I didn't take anybody's money --and then say I'd have the product to you in February. To keep his customers, I suggest that Jheff, who critiques other mentalism products and services, come clean -- explain what the hold up is, stop making promises he can't keep, and offer a bigtime bonus or a discount. Walk the walk, Jheff.
fib
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
402 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Fib,

I do apologize and I told all subscribers what was up. The gentleman who had been doing my layout designs has become very busy. I've been getting very frustrated. I promised you six issues of Journal of the Mind. You'll get them. I promised you four sessions of Conversations of the Mind. You'll get them. I'm working hard right now to get those issues out and maintain the website and do that around some very difficult personal problems. I have the content ready to go for the Stuart Cumberland issue (which was due in December) and the content for the next two. So the schedule will be caught up. Again, please be patient. And I will make it up to you, but I'd rather put effort into putting out what I promised first, and then figure out something.

Oh, and watch your e-mail for the announcement with more details. I'd rather make those details known first to subscribers, than on this forum.

-- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind PARIMENTAL, a 200 page exploration of a classic Martin Gardner principle, is now available!!
psychic
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of psychic
Fib, let me tell you something. I'm quite psychic...and Jheff is a really nice guy. So, ... be patient. He's not related to Cassidy in any way. You will get what you get, if not more.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Yes. As Britney would say, "Gimme Gimme more Gimme more" Smile
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
As one who has had business dealings with Jheff, I certainly would vouch for his veracity on all things related to his customer service.

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Ruben Padilla
View Profile
Loyal user
Narrative Strategist
206 Posts

Profile of Ruben Padilla
Jheff will deliver. Guaranteed.

Hang in there.
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
Fib,
I met Jheff and saw him perform twice at Mindvention. A nicer guy would be hard to meet. No doubt he will come through with everything he says.

Hennessey
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Jheff released Volume 1 Issue #6 on Saturday, March 15. The first issue of Volume 2 (#7) should be out soon, with issue #8 to follow before the end of April.

I think he's back on track!

Curt
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
I think he taught me magic in Los Angeles, at least his name was spelt the same.

A really nice guy and very patient, so try a little yourself fib...
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
So what's this journal of the mind like? worth it?
Daktari
View Profile
Regular user
USA
154 Posts

Profile of Daktari
I've done lot's of business with Jheff and he's always straight and honest. He'll deliver the goods.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
The latest issue, featuring Stuart Cumberland, contains a really nice amount of solid material.
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
402 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Quote:
On 2008-03-18 01:44, cfrye wrote:
The first issue of Volume 2 (#7) should be out soon, with issue #8 to follow before the end of April. I think he's back on track!

Thanks, guys. I'm not quite back on track, yet. However, Vol.2 #7, featuring Paul Brook, is in its rough stage and it should be out by the end of the month. That's still about six weeks late and I'm not happy about that, but it's better than three months (which was the case for #6)! Issue #8 should be out on time. (I'm knocking on wood.)

Lamystique:
This is really not the place for me to plug my own site or products (the forum policy frowns on that) but I'm sure they'll let me simply direct you to get more info on my site, http://www.MarketplaceoftheMind.com

-- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind PARIMENTAL, a 200 page exploration of a classic Martin Gardner principle, is now available!!
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
I'm sure Jheff has the best of intentions, but he has not delivered. The fact that a vendor is a nice guy does not set the standard in business school or the real world -- nor should it. Sorry I don't have as sanguine an approach as others on this site, but when a businessman/woman say they're going to have a product and don't, they lose business. We're not going to go out and have beers with Jheff. I'd like to, but I would settle for seeing what I paid for -- and believe that for 2008 subscribers, he should throw in something for free -- like the last volume of 2007.
fib
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
402 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 18:34, fib wrote:
...for 2008 subscribers, he should throw in something for free -- like the last volume of 2007.

Fib,

A volume is six issues. So, do you mean the last issue of Volume 1 or the entirety of Volume 1, which are all of the 2007 issues?

If it's just one issue you want, then you might want to check the 2008 Marketplace Member page. You'll find the unedited bonus Jack Kent Tillar issue there. How's that? If that's not enough, then PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you one issue from Volume 1, which featured Greg Arce, John Riggs, Mark Strivings, Maurice Fogel, Alain Nu, and Stuart Cumberland.

And fib, I do thank you for allowing me to respond to your concerns and, by doing so, plugging my Marketplace Membership Club.

-- Jheff
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
I like Jheff. My nephew saw his act at the castle and said he scorched the audience.

In real life he's not that exciting. No one is more honest though.

RR
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
The Journal of The Mind is a great bargain and resource. It is very nicely produced and each issue I've read is full of great info. Picking up Volume 1 from Jheff's site for 30 bucks is a steal. Even if he's not that exciting in real life Smile. ??? Get some rest Rick!
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Wow all this coming from a guy who changes his accent in order to meet the oppisite sex, Jheff has clearly communicated his situation I have never heard of anyone else who has had anything but an exceptional experience dealing with him in the past. Move on & get over it.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
I think he has a mustache.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Jheff, thank you for your gracious offer. I like your writing. I agree in general with your product critiques. I just want to receive something I ordered two to three months ago. But some on this site: Oh. Oh. Oh. Blasphemy. Blasphemy. No, I don't think Jheff needs you strong, virile men on this site to come to his aid and comfort. Why don't you gents write missives on a wall somewhere? Again, thank you Jheff.
Best, fib
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jheff Promised "Journal of the Mind" --- what happened? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL