The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » What Sanada-type gimmick is this? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
476 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
I purchased a lot of magic tricks from a magician's estate and there was a gimmick in there that I was not familiar with. Basically it looks like a Sanada gimmick, but instead of having 4 fingers, it has only one. Also it has a very small magnet that is glued inside the gimmick and comes with an additional small magnet.

There was no package and no instructions and I have no idea what to do with this gimmick. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

-Adam
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5273 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
That was called the “Excalibur” gimmick and sold by Hank Lee (amongst others) back in the mid 80s. It is used with a second magnet to perform a chop cup routine with a glass and a dollar bill. There were some clever and bold moves using this little prop.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
wpt1031
View Profile
Loyal user
Toledo Ohio
237 Posts

Profile of wpt1031
Sanada did release a DVD recently through GIN Japan about his gimmick. I have it and gives some really good ideas to get the creative juices flowing.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1775 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2008-03-01 17:02, Harry Murphy wrote:
That was called the “Excalibur” gimmick and sold by Hank Lee (amongst others) back in the mid 80s. It is used with a second magnet to perform a chop cup routine with a glass and a dollar bill. There were some clever and bold moves using this little prop.

I was pretty sure it was Nicholas Nights Enigma gimmick?

J-M
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5254 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I'm not familiar with the Excalibur gimmick that Harry Murphy mentions, but I do own the Nicholas Night Enigma gimmick that korttihai_82 mentions and it's exactly what Adam described.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5273 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Larry is right on this one! It is not the “Excalibur” gimmick but rather the Enigma gimmick. I just got home and checked! My bad!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
476 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Thanks everyone for your help!

-Adam
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » What Sanada-type gimmick is this? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL