The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalist Routine For Charity: St Judes Childrens Hospital (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
3/2: Nice News Flash:

My friend Deddy Corbusier of Indonesia has come up with a new Mentalism Routine he calls FREE CALL. I do want you to know a bit about what's going on 'around' it's release. Deddy as most of you know is a big talent and well known in his native lands. Me...well, I'm just me. So Deddy tells me in one of our phone calls that occur every once or twice in a year (haha) that he has some new ideas but he doesn't want money for them but would like proceeds to go a childrens charity. What to do? He asked me to help out. It's not my effect, all I did was clean up the English and re-write it a bit. Here it is...

http://grindshow.com/grindshow/DeddyFreeCall.html

So heads up...those in this thread and on my blog are first to hear about this and I'm telling you because I would like some extra support on the Magic Café in the way of posts etc. so St. Jude can get a nice check...uh PayPal.

St. Judes Children's Hospital will be the recipient of ALL the PayPal donations. Deddy wanted it sold for "very little money" so it can be used by the most people. What is it? Well...it's a cool little telephone piece that can be used with a phone or for a two person act. Lets say this, it is clever, SELF WORKING and should impress your audience BIG TIME. You can even use this at your Work/Job to amaze your co-workers if you are not a working pro mentalist. It is so easy and yes really amazing that it will be worth the $5 I'm asking for it. ALL Proceeds (except for the PayPal fees) will go to St. Judes Childrens Hospital and Research Center.

Basically, you have your spectator create a list of words. There will be a TARGET word. The spec has 100% choice and gets to come up with the words on their own. The spec will then call your assistant mentalist at whatever location (in another State if you like) and the 2nd Mentalist WILL tell them the TARGET word instantly. No Force, No Slieghts, No Gimmicks, No Secret Communication or monkey business of any kind. (well, maybe a teeny weeny monkey). EASY...Could be the easiest SOLID bit of mentalism you will do! Check it out!

Notice: It is NOT a Download! I will eMail you the PDF.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
I've sent the money, Doug. This is a very good cause. Nice of you to make the effort.

- entity
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Best 5 bucks I ever spent on a mental effect.

This is really clever.

Buy it now.

I would have felt the same had it been ten bucks.

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2108 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Count me in...a great, great cause, and I'm sure the effect will be clever.

Bryn
*ISOLATION /QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls eBooks:
- Now only $10 ea! PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com

Please read the many great reviews here at the Cafe:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS" eBook:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Thanks,
Bryn
cavscout19@hotmail.com (also my PayPal for purchases)
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Sold! just paypal'd mine over to you...

sounds like a very good cause - when I compare your health service to ours, though ours is by no means perfect, it's pretty much free for everyone through-out the country...rich/poor/halfway between...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
St Jude's turns NO ONE down no matter where they are from in the world or how broke they are. It is a fabulous service and a real point of pride for us performers as it was started by Danny Thomas.

Thanks all! So far so good.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Its to be admired - come on everyone - get your fingers clicking!

it's a cracking little effect may I say - lots of leeway for presentations too...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I sent my dough...good cause. Can't wait to check it out!

Nathan
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thanks Ian...

Thought I'd mention that evidently there are a few tricks out using cel phones and a certain quirk with those little buggers in a certain Mode to accomplish tricks. This is NOT that. This is even EASIER and more diabolical. Nothing technical at all...

http://grindshow.com/grindshow/DeddyFreeCall.html
Take a look.

D
Richard Busch
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA - USA
105 Posts

Profile of Richard Busch
I posted this elsewhere and am delighted to post it here too! Thanks Doug and Deddy!

The effect is a very strong one and accurately described. The method is very easy to learn for both you and your partner. And the fiver goes to a very worthy charity that I remember the late Danny Thomas always promoted. So, if you like this effect, I heartily recommend making the donation. As they say, "you and your partner can be doing this in 30 seconds." I hate those silly claims, but this clever secret is that easy. With a strong delivery (as if we make any other), you'll be saying "Wow, I've spent a whole lot more and received a whole lot less."

Sincerely,
Richard
Richard Busch
<BR>www.RichardBusch.com
<BR>RichardBusch@RichardBusch.com
www.TheMindFocuser.com
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Yep anyone that buys this can use me as their contact to call if they want.
But I also get to use you as a number to call.

It is really a good idea I think.

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2170 Posts

Profile of ddyment
The only problem with this effect is that it is so good, and so simple to perform, that it is almost certain to end up in the repertoire of every 12-year-old "magician" in the world. So get it and use it while it's still relatively unknown. And thank Deddy for giving it to charity. And thank (the other) Doug for doing the translation. And thank your lucky stars that there are still a few bargains to be had in mentalism publications.
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
My bucks are now with you Doug...

Hope that other package finally winged its way to you? May not have yet as our post office is veeerrrrryyy slow...
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
bobejr
View Profile
New user
USA
13 Posts

Profile of bobejr
Donation sent for a good cause!

Thanks to both of you for sharing!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
This response is really terrific. Deddy deserves such a tip of the hat! (I don't, I'd just eat it).

Mr. Dyment. (the other Doug, you can tell us apart, he wears shoes) If it is any solace, I only do 'stuff' on the Café and I'll only be doing THIS till I run screaming into the night from sending eMails...like I did when I sold the Traps routine.

Mr. Bush...you realize we are not worthy...but I humbly accept. BTW: Call me anytime when you need advise from the Elderly.

Jim Callahan...as you know from reading the piece that anybody's wife could Pose on the other end of the phone line, it's that easy BUT that was a kind offer especially if done on TV someday. Smile You WILL make it! Your just a rung or two away.

Virungan: Yes...the 'fragrant' package arrived yesterday. Interesting smell those Bushmen conjured up. Smile Really spectacular gift my friend! Hope you got what you were looking for when in the UK. It did arrive? You back in Africa now? Land of wafting wiffs...what?
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
The sweet smell of goat fat.... enjoy!

Yes I received your package and it too is indeed spectacular.. Serves the purpose precisely. Thanks again.

And home - safely- again... thanks
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Cool. Goat fat? uh...been there...this aint it...Lion snot maybe. Smile

BTW I changed ther name of the trick from Free Call to Toll Free (for now till I get ahold of Deddy. Joshua tells me that Mark Spelman has a Free Call out (I checked a google and he sure does) so appologies to Marc. YToll Free for now and tomorrow? I like FO-nepathy. Loosly and ebonically based on Doug Dyments suggestion of Telephonepathy. We'll see.
I don't know if deddy would 'get' FO-nepathy though.
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
If not a lions.... someone's... Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
A salute to you and Deddy - I love supporting charitable causes and I hope people use this effect to help promote even more charitable causes!

Thanks!

Bruce
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
This is a great little routine, only took 5 miutes to arrive in my inbox as well Smile

If anyone in the UK wants to set this up together I would be happy to.

Aidan
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalist Routine For Charity: St Judes Childrens Hospital (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL