The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Winning a Corvette... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Did you ever have one of those days?

On Friday I was invited by two in-laws to go to the Cleveland Auto Show. They paid for dinner and the tickets. When we got there we all signed up for a drawing to win a new 50th anniversary Corvette.

Well, the next day they called ME! I was one of eight semi-finalists that would be given a key and if it opened the 'Vette, then it was yours.

I figured that since I didn't pay for the ticket and would not have even gone if I wasn't invited, I would give the 'Vette (should I win) to my father-in-law (he's a 'Vette nut!)

Well, I was number seven to try and - the key didn't work! Number eight won! Smile Smile Smile

Man, I would have loved to give him that car...
William Holcomb
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi William,

Oh yes I can relate have plenty of "those days". I think that little Murphy character thought of me when he made his laws.

As for you William..to come so close and yet so far! Too bad you didn't have lucky key #8. However, what a nice guy you are to have thought of giving him the car. I'd say he's already a lucky guy to have you as his son-in-law. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Winning a Corvette... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL