The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » These guys are jerks... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
http://www.youtube.com/user/TRICKBUSTERS

Discuss!

Nathan

P.S. I put this here because of the forkbending
xersekis
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of xersekis
Another example of the mentality behind exposure - note the "disclaimer" claimer - includes all who are deceivers - pathetic - but we have our own group of exposures in this country as well - and on the internet --

times have changed --- nothing is sacred ---

there are no secrets....

there is no spoon ... there is no spoon ... there is no spoon...
scarnecky
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah
330 Posts

Profile of scarnecky
Wow- this was very difficult to watch..
Jerks indeed, kind of dull as well.

Sometimes I wonder if exposure shows like these are the reason Nigerians have labled us "Americans" "Australians"
& "Brits" to be the biggest suckers on the planet....

Just a thought.

Scar
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Kind of clueless.

They don't even understand themselves why they are doing it.

- entity
jquackc
View Profile
Loyal user
JC - Denver
218 Posts

Profile of jquackc
At the end of their videos:

"Magic is a powerful weapon that, instead of developing the critical and rational thinking of people, screws deeply in them credulity, amazement and establishes wonder and inexplicable into a society already ill and rotten by millenial beliefs and other irrational and ridiculous superstitions. STOP BELIEVING!"

I'm so glad that these guys decided to step in a save everybody from the evils we cause. I'm ashamed of myself.
JC

www.jquackc.com
myspace.com/jquackc

It's coming...QUACK... a new ebook from the fallible mind of JC... April 2048... groundbreaking material... limited edition... only 200 will be sold. Starting at $47... Preorder your copy toda
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
As I said, THEY don't really understand why they are doing it. They equate mystery and theatrical illusion with superstition and witchcraft. These guys need to read Absolute Magic.

Their premise is faulty from the get-go. While people do enjoy the mystery, do many of them believe that Copperfield really walked through the Great Wall of China?

- entity
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Often is the case that people who pretend to be exposurers for the sake of the greater good - are really doing it because they wanna get a name for themselves...

I'm all for exposing people who are genuinely fake (?!) by that I mean, open-eye mediums who are taking people's money...but other than that - I'm all for a bit of mystery and wonderment...leave it be...
I've asked to be banned
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
I undersign what you say abraxus. Real magicians are not here to say that they have powers. They are just entertainers.

In this "product advertising world" people more often don't believe in the free "invisible" stuff (friendship, love, family gather) and people are living for themselfs like everyone is the "ONE". Of course when someone give them attention and just ask for 10% of their month income that's is nothing compared of getting a 400$ object that gives a 10min happiness... for 10% they feel better and relief for longer time... Happiness is advertised as a product to get... and more you get...more you feel well... lol and isn't this FAKE? People knows but "Hey whatever, let's get more and more!!!"
People tend to forget if doesn't appear in TV, journals, etc because how do you remember stuff if you everyday are bombed with news (bad&good)? It's too much stuff for your brain...

I don't know if you understand what I mean... my english...

All the best

offtopic: Maybe I would just change hapiness for PLEASURE! Because no one get´s happy when buy something, it just feel better, for a short time of course. The true hapiness maybe is just when you know that someone or everyone is happy to!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I get you Elcio - your english is far better than you maybe think...

pleasure is an instant gratification
happiness is a prolonged inner peace

just like reading the newspaper whilst on the lavatory..
I've asked to be banned
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:
On 2008-03-03 06:31, abraxus wrote:

pleasure is an instant gratification
happiness is a prolonged inner peace

just like reading the newspaper whilst on the lavatory..

Reading a newspaper seldom if ever brings about a prolonged inner peace, let alone happiness. Smile
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
The internet is the worst thing to happen to Magic and Mentalism. Again, just shows why we need to use more discretion about what we say online and with whom we share information.

- entity
Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Experimentalist
Exposure is like dropping your pants in public. It requires no talent or intelligence, but gets you some attention.

It's hard to ignore this tripe, but it's better that we don't invest our energy in being upset about it.
xersekis
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of xersekis
Sadly we even find that limited thinking in the Café.... sad sad sad

magicians that think their job is to expose....

Quote:
On 2008-03-03 01:23, jquackc wrote:
At the end of their videos:

"Magic is a powerful weapon that, instead of developing the critical and rational thinking of people, screws deeply in them credulity, amazement and establishes wonder and inexplicable into a society already ill and rotten by millenial beliefs and other irrational and ridiculous superstitions. STOP BELIEVING!"

I'm so glad that these guys decided to step in a save everybody from the evils we cause. I'm ashamed of myself.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Wouldnt it be funny to book this guy for a lecture. What a chode
P3
practice practice perform.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
@ Ted.

I kick him then lol
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
What I find amusing is their method is nothing like my own. If I was performing for someone that saw this exposure video, they would still be astonished.

Can it be that these "exposures" are lashing out because they simply could not make it as legitimate magicians?
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Yikes. We must remember, the average IQ in the United States is 100.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
Rory Raven
View Profile
Special user
Providence, RI
514 Posts

Profile of Rory Raven
Quote:
Can it be that these "exposures" are lashing out because they simply could not make it as legitimate magicians?

Ya think???
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx
visit www.roryraven.com today!
scarnecky
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah
330 Posts

Profile of scarnecky
I still consider that "Copperfield" Special to be one of the neatest television events...
Walking through the "Wall of China" is still beautiful to watch..

Scar
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
These ********* believe they are doing a service, if they really want to do something worthwhile then do some voluntary work for a charity.. I can't stand people like this, they destroy creation and are self serving..

As mystery entertainers we give something, whilst they take it away. I can only assume they have no imaginations, integrity, intelligence, lives or brain cells. Youtube and such like can be fascinating to browse through, I watched a great Kuda blindfold sequence but equally it is an open door to morons with as much creativity as my left sock..

Spelmann
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » These guys are jerks... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL