The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Magic Martin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mad Jack
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Mad Jack
I have seen Magic Martin on Youtube before and my honest feeling is that he obviously works quite a bit, has a fan base (no pun intended with the windshear) and even does some TV spots. It is a shame that he doesn't use all the best equipment (instead of knock-offs) to give himself and his audience the best visual experience possible. Just my random thoughts.

Mad Jack
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I, too, have watched several of Mago Martin's videos, and he is obviously a working performer. He does a credible job with most of the illusions that he presents. I also wish that some of his equipment was more legitimate, however, this is beyond our control.

Chris
Day 3
rdbateman
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of rdbateman
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-04 00:03, rdbateman wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpL_5kQZtLE

....lol

Since you like to point out funny stuff you should know its not nearly as funny as this guy who didn't know you don't need a gimmick for card productions. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=10

Now that IS funny....LOL...considering the source. Rdbateman.. you're making quite an impression for your first few posts here on the Café. Are you sure you might not like to start over?

Best,

Tim

Day 4
JayH
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
140 Posts

Profile of JayH
Quote:
On 2008-03-04 00:24, Timothy Drake wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-03-04 00:03, rdbateman wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpL_5kQZtLE

....lol

Since you like to point out funny stuff you should know its not nearly as funny as this guy who didn't know you don't need a gimmick for card productions. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=10

Now that IS funny....LOL...considering the source. Rdbateman.. you're making quite an impression for your first few posts here on the Café. Are you sure you might not like to start over?

Best,

Tim

Day 4

Punch in the face!

He will be surely thinking of going to do new account Smile

Jay
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Jay,

And they're calling me a sissy for this 31 day experiment..LOL

Seriously... as much as I have ranted about manners and politeness here on the Café part of those manners are taking a stand against negativity. I just had to this time.

I mean no disrespect to Rdbateman but merely mean to point out to him that part of growing as a magician is learning to respect the effort and knowledge other performs put into their art. Whether its our taste or not....you gotta respect a guy for trying. Nothing that Rdbateman did here today is new to me. I and many others did the same exact thing in other posts until someone else pointed out to us that it was neither nice nor professional.

From Rdbatemans other posts I gather he is both young and fairly new to magic. He's not afraid to ask questions to learn and that's a good thing. We're all about helping young and new people here at the Café and we're happy to do so if they do something so simple as respect others.

I hope he chooses to jump on the bandwagon here at the Café and be one of the gang who support each other. He may chose to attempt a flame war but as much as it may make him feel better for a few moments it won't get him far the next time he seeks advice or assistance from other members here who he may be showing an unpleasant side to.

I'm all for putting this one behind us and moving on. I hope Rdbateman is as well. It'd be nice to talk magic instead... that's what we're here for.

Best,

Tim

Day 4
Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
Lol, hopefully he learned something.
rdbateman
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of rdbateman
Hey Tim, you're right. I should be more respectful to those who have been doing this a lot longer than I have, especially if I'm joining this forum for learning. I've read a lot of threads here already and most of them bash other performers. But reading them again and in trying to understand the differences between those and the one I created, it seems the other threads were made to bash the crappy and knockoff equipment, rather than the performer himself. Also, since I was joining another forum related towards my interests, I naturally assumed this one would be like every other forum on the net, which I undoubtedly tried to recreate. Sorry guys. And thanks Tim for finding a different route to get your point across. The last few posts you made were confusing and rather mean.

....Don't make fun of my love towards that Asian Goddess LOL.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-04 11:05, rdbateman wrote:
Hey Tim, you're right. I should be more respectful to those who have been doing this a lot longer than I have, especially if I'm joining this forum for learning. I've read a lot of threads here already and most of them bash other performers. But reading them again and in trying to understand the differences between those and the one I created, it seems the other threads were made to bash the crappy and knockoff equipment, rather than the performer himself. Also, since I was joining another forum related towards my interests, I naturally assumed this one would be like every other forum on the net, which I undoubtedly tried to recreate. Sorry guys. And thanks Tim for finding a different route to get your point across. The last few posts you made were confusing and rather mean.

....Don't make fun of my love towards that Asian Goddess LOL.

:applause:

Rdbateman.. you could have taken this in either direction. You da man and chose the right one. ( the more difficult one I might add ) Many many thanks for that my friend. Looking forward to many posts with you here in the Café.

Best,

Tim

Day 4
JayH
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
140 Posts

Profile of JayH
And this is how things should be done! Nice Tim! And welcome to Café rdbateman!

All Due Respect

Jay
Mad Jack
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Mad Jack
God, what a bunch of mamby pambies!

Just Kidding

Mad Jack
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-04 18:25, Mad Jack wrote:
God, what a bunch of mamby pambies!

Just Kidding

Mad Jack

That's MR. Mamby Pambie to you!

Best,

Tim

Day 4
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I htink you all did the best thing here!

But you are all missing the point that Rdbates made! She is HOT :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00yi2kJDjOk

:0 cue the wife and the *** whooping ......

Nope in all seriouses-ness-ness Tim and mr Bates (?think thtas the user name) well played like men and you should be proud. keep it up! I mean the the polite non flaming not the other thing from watching your Asian godess!.

I am reading the houdinin book (cant recall what its called) and also heard a funny thing on the radio the other day. This is "advice" (tounge in cheek) for mr Rdbates (and otheres). in the houdini book it talks about a woman working in a magic shoip who is described as a "voluptuois vixen"(sp?) who misdirected magicans in the shop by leaning over the counter with a low cut dress revelaing her ample cleavage ........ The other thing I heard was about a vent act - a woman who was rather "easy on the eye" and the men loved her adn thought she was great - none of them knew she was a bad vent artist and her lips moved .... they were never looking at her lips Smile

just remember watch it onece for the perfomacne / for the fun or enjoyment of the act - then do the study think about the performers actions .... if you can learn form it great.... if you cant may be you can give them a suggestion (you my get cool emails like I did from A famouse short magican with a 100 mile an hour voice) ..... or just stalk them if not Smile or stalk them and learn from them ......

Welcom Rdbates and may you continue in your chosen hobby and get a lot out of the Café ...... and to you mr Namby Pamby (are you a relation to bamby?) keep up all the wet soppy 'lets be nice' stuff! Smile it will make this place nicer -as long as we can keep the humour.

Dave
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Good grief, what is this??? A love fest???

I prefer it when everyone is catty!!!!! (Not sure how to translate that to our non-North American friends!!)

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Oh, be quiet Blair!!!! (Catty enough for you???)
;-)

Your friend in Montreal,
Louis JUTRAS
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Bring on the love ......................

AS LONG AS ITS FREE!...................

Oh and the wife don't find out! ........

she will kill me! Escpecially if she ever finds out what I bought this month Smile
owln_1
View Profile
Loyal user
dallas /now live by tulsa
222 Posts

Profile of owln_1
I only hug women!!! Owln_1
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Magic Martin (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL