The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Great MagicSanta Challenge! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2008-03-04 00:03, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Magicsanta. Please use the search engine. If you can find a single offensive thing I have said, post it here, and I'll apologize. If you cannot, then you know what to do...

John

Ditto.

(Day 3)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-04 00:03, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Magicsanta. Please use the search engine. If you can find a single offensive thing I have said, post it here, and I'll apologize. If you cannot, then you know what to do...

John

Well.. I'd like to tell him what to do but I can't for 27 more days now. LOL

Is your money where your mouth is John....say $5 worth. Lets add $5 and make it $74 ? It'd be worth a lot more to have Santa behave for the now 27 days...lol Whoops make it $73 as we lost $1 because a day has passed. Shall we show him what Canadians are like?

P.S. Ditto for me too.

Best,

Tim

Day 4
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Quote:
On 2008-03-03 23:47, MagicSanta wrote:
I don't hate Canada, I don't give Canada any thought what so ever. It is just...there.

Tim. This ``being nice`` experiment is very very difficult for me right now.......

Day 4
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Why John, just look under your photo. Who would be the beast you are the neighbor to?

Where is this St. Judes? Balducci, I expect at least five links w/in half an hour.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Eric, give in to your inner demon, join your bretheren.....hate my man, hate.

Oh, I won't be returning to this thread again...self discipline and all that.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Tim. Not here. I gave my $5 to Doug H directly.

Santa, that's the best you can do? Good lord, it's an old joke. If you can't come up with anything better, I'll soften my location. I'd hate to offend the Russians any further.

John

Day 3
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-04 00:42, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Tim. Not here. I gave my $5 to Doug H directly.

Santa, that's the best you can do? Good lord, it's an old joke. If you can't come up with anything better, I'll soften my location. I'd hate to offend the Russians any further.

John

Day 3

I forgot John. Thanks.

Eric... I mentioned it'd be a bumpy road. LOL

Santa...oh.. but you'll be lurking. LOL

Best,

Tim

Day 4
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-04 00:39, MagicSanta wrote:
Why John, just look under your photo. Who would be the beast you are the neighbor to?

Where is this St. Judes? Balducci, I expect at least five links w/in half an hour.

I'd say the beast reference is in the fact that 998 is one number from 999 which inverted is the mark of the beast.

St. Judes is an AMERICAN hospital Santa. Its in Memphis. Even this Canadian knows that.

Best,

Tim

Day 4
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-04 00:40, MagicSanta wrote:
Oh, I won't be returning to this thread again...self discipline and all that.

Surprising! Not like you to quit so easily. Was it this hospital challenge or the one where you were asked to prove/show where John, Balducci or myself had offended you? The world may never know.

Best,

Tim

Day 4
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
I think this entire situation with everyone gathering together against Magicsanta is unpleasant. It reminds me of when everyone gathered together and bullied me when I was in school.

Can't anyone do anything about this thread?
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I agree Mikael. Ganging up on someone to force him to be "nice" is...well...not very nice. Makes you wonder what the word "nice" even means. Apparently it has more to do with conformity than manners.

In addition, one reason I hang around this part of the Café is because I enjoy it, and I enjoy it because it's a carnival. Take away the variety and the give and take and the sheer wildness of it all, and replace it with sameness and niceness and you have...well...you have something like...

Canada.

(OK, cheap shot: but y'all saw it coming because it was so obvious. Don't blame me, blame Magic Santa.)

Anyway, on the "let's be nice" thread I happened to read a post from someone whose attitude has resulted in my posting virtually nothing in the last two months. He thinks he is "nice". And yet he probably ranks in the top 10 for **** stirrers here at the Café. Fine. But my point is: who says what is nice? And when does one go from being nice to simply being what in German we call a "soft egg"?

I'm sorry, Tim. I don't know what provoked your niceness campaign, but count me out, and consider yourself "unnice" for singling someone out to attempt to force him to your view of niceness.

Santa may be ruff and gruff, but he can drink from my canteen any day.

Jeff (known for his lack of civility...)
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The idea was to offer a truely groundbreaking brilliant yet simple Principle for just $5. To give the community a break for a change.

Then to send the kids hospital the money. Deddy used his considerable Brain power to devise this new Principle (you will love it!) and I am using considerable amounts of time and effort to coordinate it's facillitaion.

It' $5. It's good. Magic Santa may I offer a personal ALL AMERICAN invitation to get the effect, without being called to the carpet by the northern weenies?

To all my Canadian friends (and they are legion) if you look at the majority of the posts you make, they are about the USA. Does nothing happen up there you can report on or concentrate on? Why let a border get in the way of getting a trick for 5 bucks?

PLEASE READ THIS:
------------------------------------------
St. Jude is unlike any other pediatric treatment and research facility anywhere. Discoveries made here have completely changed how the world treats children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases.
We are where some of today's most gifted researchers are able to do more science, more quickly. Where doctors across the world send their toughest cases and most vulnerable patients. Where no one pays for treatment beyond what is covered by insurance, and those without insurance are never asked to pay. We've built America's 3rd-largest health-care charity, with a model that keeps the costs down and the funds flowing, so the science never stops.
All patients accepted for treatment at St. Jude are treated without regard to the family's ability to pay.
--------------------------------

$5 for a GREAT trick. It goes to the folks outlined above. Simple.
http://grindshow.com/grindshow/deddyfreecall.html
Tells all.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
This is pretty cheesy. Start a thread that is clearly unwelcome by the targeted person, and when called on it, run for cover under the guise of "Hey, are you against a good cause?"
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
I agree Mikael. It seems to me that this thread is harassment and cancels out the pledge that many of the participants have taken. If the man doesn't want to participate, let it go. Granted I don't have to read this thread. . . I'm just saying. And by the way, I've already made my donation. If you all want to donate, just do it. It shouldn't be contingent on someone else's choices.
What would Wavy do?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I'm surprised Tim couldn't live up to his own 31-day challenge!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-04 04:47, Mikael Eriksson wrote:
I think this entire situation with everyone gathering together against Magicsanta is unpleasant. It reminds me of when everyone gathered together and bullied me when I was in school.

Can't anyone do anything about this thread?

To Mikael and others,

YES... someone CAN do something about this thread. MagicSanta can. Yep... that's what I said.. MagicSanta can.

I PM'd him after I got the idea to turn our long standing rivalry into something positive. We have a history of back and forth banter... a long history.

In that PM I made it very clear to him that the thread was quote " all in good fun" and he if for any reason he didn't like the direction it was going in he had only to say the word and I would pull the plug. I then PM'd the Café mods and made them clear about this as well.

Yes.. we are having a good time with our game asking Santa to be nice for a few weeks. Is that such a terrible thing to do? We're asking someone to simply " behave and follow Café rules".. what is so bad about that. If you are bothered by the fact that we are taunting him in the process then I applaud you for your well meaning intent but suggest you take a look at Santas pattern of taunting in the 31 day thread and many others for that matter. It's what he does. He's good at it and has a tough skin. It was his constant attack on the 31 day project that started the idea of getting him to join us. We didn't pick him out of the blue. He decided to have sport us us first. He was constantly in our face and we thought.. lets make this a positive and support a good cause while we are at it. Find any personal insults to him and I'll will apologize for it.

Best,

Tim
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Tim...PLEASE. Please? Why should anybody be made to feel uncomfortable about a win win deal? Please. Let it be.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-04 11:35, Doug Higley wrote:
Tim...PLEASE. Please? Why should anybody be made to feel uncomfortable about a win win deal? Please. Let it be.

Yes.. Doug. I agree it should be dropped at this point. I had to clear things up before I dropped it though.

The $20 bucks still stands though. Expect it shortly.

Best,

Tim
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Lads lighten up Smile MagicSanta is good craic...A tad cranky like dannydoyle but they are "men of the world" <---- you can tell.They are a good laugh and make interesting posts that I enjoy reading.Tim is only slaggin a bit..Down in South of Ireland its our culture everyone slags each other...I think no harm,MagicSanta is hardly being bullied,just bit of craic and his well able for it!

*Jabs Tim to the Throat*

Pete

P.S. This post is not a trap to get Dannydoyle involved....honest...
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
But it would be fun if he was!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Great MagicSanta Challenge! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL