The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Turtle shells (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

B-MAN
View Profile
New user
Luxembourg
72 Posts

Profile of B-MAN
Hi to all. Just a quick question. Altho I,m mostly into coins, I saw an ad for Turtle shells made by Blackfox to be used for the the 3 shell game ? Does anyone know if these shells are any good or worth the money ? MagicSmith has them on sale.Thank you for your time.
" No matter what you accomplish in this life.... the size of your funeral will be determinded by the weather " Gizzard

G.B.T.S.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
B-Man,
These actually look pretty cool from what I have seen and read on the Magicsmith website. Kind of morbid but cool and you can't beat the price! I think this has a lot of potential for great patter. I recomend to get them just to be Different. I plan on purchasing a set for myself.
I only wish I had thought of it!! Smile
Chance Wolf
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1141 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
B-Man: I have this set and have used them for a couple of years now (I also have the Maggoirre Shells and the Street Shells). These are excellent shells and perform nicely. I would switch out his pea for the Street Shell pea, since these perform so much better. The Blackfox shells are a little larger, which I like, allowing for larger loads to be placed in the shells (I load various items for my finale; e.g. see Giovanni's routine). The steal is easy and the shells are a nice weight. I recommend them.

As far as the shells looking like Turtle Shells . . . audiences don't really seem to care. For me anyway, this cracks me up. I just find it hilarious that I'm using a Turtle Shell to do the shell game (I'm laughing inside, however, where it counts). I've thought about turning a shell into an actual little turtle at the end, but I'm not too keen on a turtle peeing all over my mat.

I use different shells for different environments. For very formal, I use the Maggoirre. For walk around, I like the Street shells. For the fun of it - the Turtle shells. The 3 shell game has become one of my favorite showpieces - people really like it (hopefully they like me too).
B-MAN
View Profile
New user
Luxembourg
72 Posts

Profile of B-MAN
Thank you both for your kind and helpful replies. Does any one know of any on-line routines ? Im not being cheap, just low on cash. Thank you for your time.
" No matter what you accomplish in this life.... the size of your funeral will be determinded by the weather " Gizzard

G.B.T.S.
walkman
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of walkman
I been using the standard walnut type shells which seem to work well however a magic buddy has a set of turtle shells an I just luv them so I think I will change over now that I know were to find them thanks
Walkman
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2957 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
These are great shells, interesting visually, and very nice to handle. As mentioned above, audiences enjoy the 3 shell game.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5400 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
All of Blackfox's shells are great! I have them, use them, and love them!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Second that.

Frank (Blackfox) is an incredible craftsman, all of his shells are not only unique, they're pieces of usable art.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Turtle shells (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL