The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Ventriloquist DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..14~15~16 [Next]
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Neither are some of the jokes... Smile

Tom
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Just had a PM conversation with Jonathan regarding Dale Brown's DVD "Close To A Thrill". Jonathan mentioned he liked one of Dale's magic presentations. I didn't remember Dale doing magic on the DVD and thought perhaps he had another version available.

Since this post was originally to find out what we liked or dis-liked, or even learned from DVD's, as well as discover new ones, I thought I'd share my side of that conversation.

Dale's DVD is worth having in your collection. He has a very low key approach that sets a nice contrast to his characters. The only thing I found disturbing was the cameraman going between Dale and his audience, and visible in a number of shots. I'm guessing there was no way to edit that out, which is a shame.

Dale is a true pro and a joy to watch, you can see some of his videos on Youtube, but it is worth contacting him to get the whole show.

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Ditto. Dale's DVD is worth getting (and watching).

Thaks for the great postings (and info) Tom.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Wanted to take a moment to thank Steve from Petra Puppets. On the World Vent forum he recommended Pat Fraley's Cartoon Voices CDs. I ordered them along with the Greatest Cartoon Voices CD and love the material.

Appreciate you pointing me in that direction Steve.

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I have to second Ken Groves being a great performer and - he is a really nice guy. We met at venthaven last year and when he was in town, my wife and I got together with him for dinner.

I loved his DVD! I was blown away by CW's routine with all theB's. I don't think the audience really understood how amazing that was.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
leecornell
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of leecornell
Hello folks.

Lee Cornell here. Some folks have been mentioning Ken Groves quite a bit and there was some mention of his "Breaking Down the Brick Walls of Show Biz" course.

I've know Ken for a number of years and see him every year at the ventriloquist convention.

His original "Breaking Down" book was released, I think, in 2001, and was a great resource.

I asked Ken a couple of years ago if I could offer it on my site. He told me it was out of print. Well, a month or so ago, I get a package from Ken. To my surprise, the box contained a new, updated version of his book with twice as many pages, and a CD with 6 hours of interviews with Ken on it.

So, we came up with a plan to offer this new course to the folks in the entertainment business (it's NOT just for ventriloquists). As was mentioned, the course is available on my website.

Ken's one talented and funny guy.

Hope to see some of you at the Vent Haven convention in July.

Regards,

Lee
http://www.ventriloquism101.com
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Lee is a great person to do business with.

Very attentive, very efficient and packs his materials really well for shipping. Being a seasoned professional himself, Lee is highly knowledgeable in the fields of both Magic and Ventriloquism --the plus is that he is exceptionally generous in providing sage advise to aspiring and even experienced vents. In addition to ordering most of Bill Demar's excellent DVDs from Lee, I recently ordered the newly released Ken Groves material, "Breaking Down the Brick Walls of Show Biz", and I can't wait to receive and begin learning from its informative and motivational-filled content.

Fellow member Tom Crowl already has this material and rates it very highly... isn't that right Tom?

Jonathan

PS: I have no vested interest in recommending Lee Cornell and his http://www.ventriloquism101.com website. I'm simply one very satisfied repeat customer.
Jonathan
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
Nice avatar Lee Smile

Hartz and Pavlov right?

Welcome to the Magic Café Smile
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu's Affordable Puppets
http://wanlu.net/ventpuppets.html

Wanlu and his Puppets
http://wanlu.net
leecornell
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of leecornell
Wanlu,

You are correct. I bought the Hartz figure from Todd Oliver (you may have seen him on Vent Week on Letterman). I went to Branson to see his show a year or so ago and he invited me to his home to see his vent collection.

The walls of his entire home are covered with literally hundreds of custom framed 8 x 10 photos of vents from the past and today.

He showed me a beautiful Hartz dummy that he purchased from Conrad as a back-up for his main character, Joey.

The puppet wasn't quite the same as Joey and Todd never felt comfortable using the Joey voice with him. So, he was stored in his case, brand new for over 5 years.

I offered to purchsae the figure from Todd and he gave me a really good deal. Gotta love it. A brand new Hartz figure with no wait.

And the other character is indeed a Pavlov puppet. It's their Einstein puppet. Pavlov's are relatively new to selling in the US, but the quality of their soft puppets is second to none.

You can see more exapmles of their puppets at http://www.pavlovspuppets.com

Regards,

Lee
leecornell
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of leecornell
By the way, Jonathan, thanks very much for the very nice comments about my business and products.

Lee
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Pleasure to do so Lee. Welcome back to the Café.

Jonathan
Jonathan
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
I'll second Jonathan's praise for Lee's products and service. Been happy with everything I've purchased from his site and he promptly ships orders. Thanks Lee.

Ken Grove's course is excellent if you are interested in show business. Unlike most "courses" on the subject - Ken is a working pro and he speaks honestly about what it takes to succeed.

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
Thanks Lee Smile

I do know Todd...he's very talented...and his act is really funny Smile He deserves to be at The Letterman Show.

I also purchased a few stuff from Lee and they were shipped promptly and the communication is oustanding...and Lee was so patient even to clients like me who have so many questions Smile

Thanks again Lee Smile
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu and his Puppets
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Darren Carr is great!

I had contacted him and ordered his DVD. He ran out of copies - so he refunded my order and sent me an older DVD of his show. Funny act, engaging presentation, a true pro, and a really nice guy. I've already told him to contact me when he does the next one!

Donald - that's another one you pointed me toward - thanks!

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Thanks for the endorsement of Darren Carr, Tom.

Do you think that his current DVD will be back in stock anytime soon?

Did Darren let you know if there is a great deal of new material/routines covered on this newer DVD? In his newer DVD, according to his site, it "seems" that he incorporates a "look-alike" vent figure that bears an excellent similarity to the real Darren Carr. Does he use this same figure in his older DVD?

Just curious.

In any case, it seems like the "old" DVD of his show is certainly a valuable find.

Onanother note, I finally received my Jeff Dinham DVD set (Spark of Insanity and Arguing with Myself) and , boy, is Jeff amazing. I had seen shorter clips and routines of Jeff in the past (ie. on Letterman ?), but these longer sets along with his stand-up are wonderful. What a likeable persona Jeff is on stage (I am guessing he is very similar in real life) and how superb his own facial expressions are, especially in contrast to Walter's sour lemon/pill face.

Jonathan
Jonathan
creativemac
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
834 Posts

Profile of creativemac
Tom,
glad I could point you in the right direction. As I said in my previous post Russo Lewis and Darren Carr are my favorite to watch over and over.

I got to meet Darren several years ago when he was at Vent Haven. A very likeable guy and what talent. You can see why he's the favorite in Australia.

If you get a chance, can you post a list of vent DVD's you have so IO can see what I need to add to my collection.

Hope to see you at VentHaven!!!

Donald
Donald Woodford

"Invite a Dummy, to your next function."
http://www.woodynfriends.com
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
Hey guys...I think I missed a post...where can I get a Darren Carr DVD? Smile
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu and his Puppets
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
This will be a long one -
Jonathan,
Yes Darren used the look alike figure. He said much of the material was the same, but the stuff he sent me wasn't a professional shoot. It still looked better than most of the footage of my act. He didn't say when he'd be doing another or getting more. I hope to stay in touch with him.

Wanlu - you didn't miss anything. I contacted Darren off his site and asked about a DVD. Responses were delayed due to his schedule, but he was great to correspond with. Just contact him direct and ask him.

Donald -
I agree on Russo, he's fun to watch. Below are some of the DVD's I've got, not sure if they are all together right now - but this is the bulk of them in no particular order:

Wanlu's Birthday Party Hosting Workshop (not yet viewed...)
Don Bryan - Life's A Cruise
John Pizzi - (both DVD's he offers)
Ryan & Friends (Ryan Bomgardner)
Ken Groves
Ken Groves (VHS - some different material from the DVD)
Mark Merchant - Naked in a Full Length Mirror
Chucky & David Morgan (not a vent - but very funny stand up puppet routines)
Ian Varella
Taylor Mason - Bananas 2
Todd Oliver - The Funny Dogs
Dan Horn - Stand Up Ventriloquist
Patrick & Matilda - Juneau trip & Current DVD
Susan Gift Porter (VHS - singer/vent)
David Pendleton - Bananas Show
David Pendleton - Live In Concert
Dale Brown - Close To A Thrill
Michael Harrison - Who Said That? - (Instruction & Clips of Act)
Michele La Fong - Live at the Flamingo
Johnny Main - Old TV Appearance
1981 Ventriloquist Convention Saturday Night All Star Show
(features early Jeff Dunham, Johnny Main, Mark Wade, Garland Boyd, Warren Chaney, Bill Boley and Bill DeMar)
Jim Barber & Seville - (two dvds - available through the Hamner Barber Web site)
Bill DeMar - Saturday Night Show Performance
Ronn Lucas - Who's In Charge Here
Russo Louis - Wall To Wall Laughs
Col. Bill Boley - The Night Club Act
Bob & Marty Hamill - Potato Salad & Other Side Dishes
Strassman Live - Vols. 1 & 2 (the Chuck You Tour)
Al Stevens - both DVDs
Marc Rubben - Live on the Las Vegas Strip, The Midnight Show, Dummy Talk!
Paul Zerdin Live
Darren Carr Live
Terry Fator - Las Vegas
Jeff Dunham - Arguing & Insanity
Sylvia Markson
Alex Houston & Elmer
Mark Wade - The Art of the Kid Show (includes performance clips)
Mark Wade - Advanced Ventriloquism (includes performance clips)
along with a couple of assorted instructional DVDs & VHS tapes - my favorite of which is Paul Winchell.

May have missed a couple - I've got them scattered around... who am I missing?

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
WOW...what a great collection. Smile

You missed Otto and George? Smile
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu and his Puppets
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
You are right, I don't have Otto & George. Not sure I'm getting his yet due to the language. Probably will to round out the collection - but may wait until my son is a bit older. I'd hate for him to hear Otto's comedy right now.

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Ventriloquist DVDs (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL