The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Joe Givan's Ring in Gumball (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Joe Givan Gumball Machine

I have had this for a couple of weeks and have had some time to practice and rehearse with it and absolutely love it. Joe Givan has put a lot of time and thought into producing an excellent product from top to bottom.
The DVD is very detailed and explains every aspect of the machine and the possible ways to use it. He has left nothing out. The quality of the sound and picture are excellent. The chapters are well laid out and navigation is a breeze.
The machine itself is large and impressive looking. It arrived well packaged via UPS ground in record time. It comes with the DVD, the manuscript from the original release, gumballs, prizes, and a cloth cover. The working is clean and easy leaving a lot of room for presentation. The load is as simple as possible and nearly fool proof. You have the option of having the ring being in the first, second or even the third gumball delivered.
I give this a top rating as there are no faults that I can find. OK … a case would be nice but I can find something on my own and the box it comes in will work for now.
Thank you, Joe Givan, for your creativeness that has given magicians a proven, award winning, prop and routine.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Hello I got the joe givan gumball machine in yesterday. joe has very good customer service and his gumball machines are very nice. joe's dvd explains the gumball machine from the inside to the outside with a lot of good advice and many different types of presetations you can use with the gumball machine. he also includes an instruction booklet with routines in it as well. over all I think the gumball machine is very good quality and should last a lifetime. I think the dvd and the booklet that comes with the gumball machine are good quality to. overall I think the gumball machine dvd and booklet are well worth the price I highly recommend it.
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I'll chime in here, too. I picked mine up from Joe at MagiFest this year and I am very happy with it!

Anybody out there combining this with Interlace? I don't want it to be overkill, but they are both so strong....
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
billmonroe
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD
181 Posts

Profile of billmonroe
Is there a website where this can be ordered from? thanks,

bill
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Rehearsal time officially over and live performance begins.

First time in front of real folks last thursday night for the Bahai New Years party which was held at a jewelers home. Great tie in .... since we are in the home of someone who makes jewelry may I borrow a ring.... the Gumball and I passed the opening test in a living room situation.

Last night was our 22nd Annual Magic Spectacular and I was the opening act. Two shows. Started with the tossed out deck and then went into the Gumball ( which I am using along with the Wolf Ring Grinder). What a pleasure to perform. I was able to concentrate on the performance and not worry about the props knowing that they would work perfectly if I did everything right, which was a breeze. There was a slight problem with my load in the first show which was my fault and nobody noticed it but me. Second show was perfection itself. I am using the option of having the ring in the second gumball.

Love the Wolfs Ring Grinder,and performing it with the Gumball Machine makes the act fun, fun, fun.

There is not a website that I know of for this but it can be ordered from Joe Givan directly. He has run an ad in the Linking Ring and the phone number listed there is 303-660-2357.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
amazingvijay
View Profile
Loyal user
N. California Bay Area
230 Posts

Profile of amazingvijay
How much is this version?

Vijay
N California Bay Area magician
http://www.amazingvijay.com
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Joe Givan can also be reached by email at joegivan@earthlink.net
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Thanks for that link Barry!

I ordered a machine to be built recently from Joe and he could not have been a nicer fellow on the phone.

While there are less expensive machines and more expensive...
I researched the machine's history as best I could and believe I am supporting the originator of what is now being called a "Classic effect".
Fred Kirkland
View Profile
New user
Ga.
96 Posts

Profile of Fred Kirkland
Hi Eddie did they say how long before you get your machine. I have ordered one and looking forward to it.
Fred K Magic
Fred Kirkland family entertainer & magician
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
He expected it to be ready by the first week of May.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Got my tracking numbers from Joe!
Machine should arrive this week.

Mr. Givan has been wonderful to deal with and has kept me informed every step of the way.
Todd Lamanske
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Todd Lamanske
I just got mine yesterday. I love it. Very nice. The Machine itself looks great and works like a charm. Joe's detail on the cloth that covers it is wonderful. If you are in the market for this effect buy Joe's Machine.

There are other Gumball Machines on the Magic market but they are all knock-offs of Joes original idea. Please support Joe as the creator of this effect. He deserves it.

Well done Joe!

Todd Lamanske
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Got mine Today!!! Absolutely adore it!

Joe covers the machine inside out very completely on the DVD.
Including the History of the effect and psychology behind it.

Marvelous.

Avoid the knock-offs by all means...this one is the real deal.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
If I could get this in the UK without spending an absolute fortune, I would jump at the opportunity
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Now available at Hocus Pocus, I noticed.

Cheers,
Jerry
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I finally started doing the Givan ring in gumball.

I did it in 12 of my Pro-Kids Show school assemblies this week (trial by fire!), and this thing works like a charm.

I received many, many comments from kids, teachers and principals who were amazed by the routine.
Some of them even commented they were going to watch a second assembly just to watch closer!

Thanks Joe Givan for a great product! The kids love it, and I do to!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I just received mine last week. Joe was extremely pleasant to deal with and very thorough. This product was clearly made by a professional for professionals and is a real pleasure to own. I was so excited after watching the DVD and inspecting the machine that I could not fall asleep. Instead, I just tossed and turned on and off all night marveling over all of the sheer possibilities. I have been performing nest of box effects with Viking's Rattle Box and Lynetta Welch's No Ring Hank for years and found this wonderful gem to be a much welcomed alternative and very logical progression. I plan to debut this rendition as my finale in a wedding reception show next weekend where the Groom's ring will be vanished at the start of the show. The client asked me if I had a way to produce three Pandora bracelet charms for the Bride's maids. Guess where they will be coming from? At the conclusion, the machine will produce a cheap plastic ring for the Groom before producing his actual ring Smile
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
The wedding reception performance at Avery Ranch Club in Austin with Pancholini Revilla was a huge success! The wedding party asked if we had a magical way to produce 3 Pandora bracelet charms so we incorporated them into our show! At the commence of the show the groom's wedding band was placed under a black handkerchief and he was asked to hold on to it through the silk. At the count of three the handkerchief was whisked away withi his ring to be found nowhere in sight! Then we performed a series of classic magic effects including but not limited to The Chop Cup, Color Changing Silk, Pancho's incredible 2 Ring Linking Ring routine to music, etc. At the conclusion of the show, the bridesmaids were called up and issued quarters to insert into the machine and instructed to crank the handle where they each received their beautiful charms inside the plastic capsules! Then the groom was called up and the action repeated but he received a cheap toy ring in his capsule! Finally, the bride was called up and received the groom's ring which left them all with a memory that I assure you they will never forget!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Joe Givan's Ring in Gumball (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL