The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Stainless Steel Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
http://www.touchofginger.com/cat/view/ne......rds.html

Pricey, but I'm sure it has its uses.
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
I have come across those before and I thought they were really cool. As far as applications go, I don't have any ideas at the moment.

You could always try a card throwing act but I don't know if they would boomerang right and I do like my fingers an awful lot haha. Smile

I did notice that the Vegas ones on that site are far more expensive. That doesn't stop me from wanting a set just the same haha.
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Looks like a great Shuriken for your favorite Ninja Magician! Ouch!
DanielMooncalf
View Profile
Regular user
Kansas City
113 Posts

Profile of DanielMooncalf
Holycrap!

Those look pretty, but scary... How would you keep from slicing your fingers open.
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Wow, those are very nice looking, but I could think of a lot better things to spend that kind of money on that will most likely keep all of my digits intact.
fxdude
View Profile
Loyal user
Hollywood
241 Posts

Profile of fxdude
You could us a magnet to do some different things with them. Magnet in hand for palming, magnet under table for moving card, make magnetic coins disappear, lost of different things you could do.
ragingoptimist
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of ragingoptimist
I can't wait to try to put a crimp in a $200 set of metal playing cards. BTW, Marlo foresaw these cards being released in the future and devised two dozen ways to riffle shuffle steel cards.
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
I just find it ironic that a person who uses these might unwittingly go from a wonderful card effect where they perform an amazing pass into a very grizzly finger chopper routine.
Kaarlo von Freymann
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
203 Posts

Profile of Kaarlo von Freymann
Quote:
On 2008-03-13 22:35, fxdude wrote:
You could us a magnet to do some different things with them. Magnet in hand for palming, magnet under table for moving card, make magnetic coins disappear, lost of different things you could do.

Hello fxdude,
Do not know about US stainless steel. Over here stainless steel is not strongly attracted by magnets.
Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Kaarlo von Freymann - Helsinki- Finland
BillyTheSquid
View Profile
Veteran user
My bamboo hut's supported on
331 Posts

Profile of BillyTheSquid
Quote:
On 2008-03-13 22:35, fxdude wrote:

Hmm - metal card being shown to audience suddenly moving. Methinks they'll instantly think "Magnet". Maybe not, but I reckon it'll be too obvious - depends on how you sell it. It'd be the first thing I'd think of.

Seriously - These are what Ricky Jay's work was written for! How forward thinking of him! It also gives a whole new spin on Ellusionist's Ninja series. You could build a Sweeney Todd routine around these I'm sure.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Kaarlo is right-stainless steel won't hold a magnet.

I wonder if they would get all scratched up with use?
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Stainless Steel Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL