The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » RSS Feeds (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ptigue
View Profile
New user
Alabama
95 Posts

Profile of ptigue
Anyone know of any good magic related RSS feeds? Looking to put something up on my iGoogle homepage.
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
Itricks.com, gomagicgo.com, and magic.about.com all have RSS feeds available.
erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
Many blogs also have them, since blogspot makes rss feeding rather simple. Here's mine if you want it...

http://feeds.feedburner.com/erlandish
The Jester Extraordinaire : bderland.com
Ye Olde Magick Blogge : erlandish.blogspot.com
ptigue
View Profile
New user
Alabama
95 Posts

Profile of ptigue
I saw that Hank Lee has a feed, but his rarely update. I was looking for something that updated daily.
JohnEBlaze
View Profile
New user
Maitland, FL
66 Posts

Profile of JohnEBlaze
Isn't GoMagicGo a podcast? How would that work as an RSS feed?
ptigue
View Profile
New user
Alabama
95 Posts

Profile of ptigue
And is GoMagicGo an audio or video podcast? For magic, video, it would seem, would work much better.
TrickeryMagic
View Profile
New user
NJ
77 Posts

Profile of TrickeryMagic
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
Quote:
On 2008-03-09 13:22, ptigue wrote:
And is GoMagicGo an audio or video podcast? For magic, video, it would seem, would work much better.

Audio does work well, especially for news and reviews, which GoMagicGo covers very well. And our show, The Magic Lantern, is mostly audio interviews of magicians. Though we do include video as well for various shows that would be better told in a visual media. Think of it as NPR for magic.

Quote:
Isn't GoMagicGo a podcast? How would that work as an RSS feed?

This can be confusing if you never know the behind the scenes goings on. But the concept is very simple.

RSS is just a way to get information "out there". It is the source of the feed (RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication). It is just an XML file with links. This XML file is stored on the site's server and when content is created and added to the file, the RSS feed is updated.

Then when you update your RSS feed reader (in most browsers or in iTunes or NetNewsWire), the files or articles or shows are automatically downloaded to your computer.

RSS feeds can include many different types of content.

Podcasts use the RSS distribution standard. As do blogs, news feeds and many other "push" types of content.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Quote:
On 2008-03-09 14:42, ScottRSullivan wrote: Think of it as NPR for magic.

Yep, we're that classy. (Belches, scratches butt, and wipes snotty nose on sleeve.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » RSS Feeds (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL