The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Live Performance! Parlour Magic Gig Part 3 - Las Vegas Leaper - "The Infamous Bum Trick" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MDew
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
125 Posts

Profile of MDew
This was performed alright, except there were two major flashes in the first phase of the routine. (That's why I didn't upload it on Youtube because it might be considered 'exposure') Firstly, the spectator unintentionally 'flashed' the bottom of the pile I gave her. Secondly, because of the weak angle that exposed my 'fake take' of palming a car. (And it is also for this reason that I am unwilling to upload it on YT) That's why with that first phase, no-one really reacted, except for the spectator who assisted me (Tina). I'm still within the mind-set of a close-up performer. It was a welcome relief that the 2nd phase played a lot better, due to the reactions.

Once again, apologies for the poor lighting, sound, swearing and all 'distractions' that comes with drunk audiences in a bar.

I also noticed that my spectator was a little bit too 'enthusiastic' so I reckon she felt a little offended at times when she would reach for the cards only for me to take them back and tell her to do things my way. I suppose better audience control can only come with practice and experience.

P.S. - If you think my performance is of extremely poor quality so that it would classify as 'exposure', I'd be glad to take the video down.

Any tips and/or advice are welcome!

Credits: Art of Astonishment, Paul Harris

http://www.magicvideodepot.com/main/memb......_Leaper/
pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
Hi MDew, let me give you a risky advice. I say risky because I am going to mess a little with your character. I believe it is very important how you dress. Don´t get me wrong, your clothing is ok, but I believe it is not the perfect outfit for a bar performance, since you look like a child magician.

Now, I don´t want you to dress as Criss Angel, you still can find something that fits your character. I think a good start would be getting rid of the hat or changing it for a gangster hat (I don´t really know how to describe the model).

Just my opinion, and for you to manage better this kind of audience I highly recommend Gazzo´s material, both books and DVDs.

Hope this helps, I wish you the best, I know you will succeed.

Sincerly,
Pablo
Wonderful things do happen
Magic is so relative, that we all think we know what it is
@pablovaldes
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thanks for sharing.
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1043 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Quote:
On 2008-03-10 20:54, pablovaldes wrote:

Now, I don´t want you to dress as Criss Angel, you still can find something that fits your character. I think a good start would be getting rid of the hat or changing it for a gangster hat (I don´t really know how to describe the model).

Trilby?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Live Performance! Parlour Magic Gig Part 3 - Las Vegas Leaper - "The Infamous Bum Trick" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL