The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fiber Optics Rope (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I have been using the large Elite rope as suggested by Sanders. It does "flatten" but I think this may be integral especially to the "end slide" move. Does anyone have experience with this routine using some of the "shiny" ropes like Daryl's or Stevens? Thanks
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I like Daryl's Thick rope - it's about 10-11 feet in length and cost only about 6 bucks. On the other hand, Camirand's Elite rope is top quality and it's a joy to handle. The stage size Elite rope is about 3mm thicker than parlor size.

Because of the flexibility of the rope, I tend to prefer Camirand's Elite rope.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
richgerb86
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, Pa.
204 Posts

Profile of richgerb86
Denny & Lee's sell some great rope. It is soft & bright white. It is also not taht expensive.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
I have some Daryl rope and I think it's a bit droopy, which makes some of the moves a bit of a 'hit or miss'. (Adding the ends move)

Is the Elite rope a bit firmer and does it maintain a position better then the other types of rope?

I wonder if you have to get the 10mm elite rope to get this kind of action.

It does seem like the 10mm is recommended for the fiber optics routine.

With a routine this good, why not get the best rope that looks good and hopefully makes the 'two to one' move a bit easier.

Thanks for any input.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
I've been using the rope form Denny, which I like a lot, and also experimenting with a shinier poly rope from Home Depot. The poly handles well, although it's a little more slippery, but I think it's shininess is a detriment when it comes to switching ends - somehow to me it just seems more visible and noticible with the shinier rope.
Marc
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I have not experimented with many types and the Elite rope is expensive but I am fairly certain that the flattening of the rope which otherwise looks a little weird, helps with the very visual "sliding ends" move
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fiber Optics Rope (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL