The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Tora Magic's Zig Zag Version (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5753 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
http://www.maxello.com/index.php?s=31fe4......5&q=9601

It's at the bottom of the page. If the picture is correct, the middle can be slid onto the shelf, quite far. It looks really good, although it isn't a conventional Zig Zag. Does anyone own one and can comment on it? Does it really look as good as in the zagged pic? Does it have limitations that a conventional Zig Zag doesn't?
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
I'm not convinced it's any different from the original other than the upright on the right side and that it doesn't look to me like it has another aspect that makes the illlusion so effective.

But I could be wrong on this as I have not inspected this model.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
This may be a little off-topic, but who exactly IS this guy Tora?
owln_1
View Profile
Loyal user
dallas /now live by tulsa
222 Posts

Profile of owln_1
The Illusionman2 has informatin on them he's a member here you might try and PM him. Owln_1
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5753 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
It seems to me that the photo might be doctored, or that another method is used. I'm familiar with the design of a Zig-Zag, and it doesn't seem possible to work the conventional way, if the zagged photo is accurate.
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
In my version the center does go flush with the beam but the Tora Zig Zag does not use the sames cheats.
http://illusionman.8k.com/photo_3.html

Best James Wiggs
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
515 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Tora is member here. Just look him up.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Aargh! Is is so hard just to give a guy a simple answer sometime?
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5753 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I ordered the plans from Mr. Wiggs. It should be easy to keep the illusion under budget.
Will L.
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Will L.
Hi Alan, looks like a typical zig zag, it looks like the black part of frame is maybe wider. there is also a way to make it a bit more deceptive, I'd be happy to share the design info, just send me a pm.
Todays The Day.
stephane_arnow
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of stephane_arnow
Maybe the photo is a little modified ? It is easy with Photoshop, or even any other programm to remove the little part, and make it more deceptive ;-)It is not honest, but some dealers do that sometimes...

By the way the center part is bigger in proportion that in the original Zigzag. Maybe it helps the girl ...to do better?
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 17:31, Starrpower wrote:
Aargh! Is is so hard just to give a guy a simple answer sometime?

http://www.toramagic.com/
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Quote:
On 2008-03-09 18:58, mysticalmike wrote:
Tora is member here. Just look him up.

Sorry, not hijacking, just wanted to point this out. The Tora who is a Host on the Café is not the same Tora in question. Just wanted to clear that up so the Tora on the Café didn't get slammed for producing knock offs of effects.

Carry on...

Mark
Mark Daniel
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5354 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
It is interesting that Tora Magic is a advertiser in the Society of American Magicians magazine MUM. I wonder if they know or care that he seems to be knocking off other individuals props?
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1305 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Yes he advertises in Linking Ring and quite frankly, I have been kinda irritated because the guy himself seems to be "the thing" in the ads, instead of the actual products. Our Tora didn't like his name to be "stolen" so to speak, though he mentioned that quite some time ago so I possibly remember that incorrectly.

Day 13
Sent from my Typewriter
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-13 08:37, Harry Murphy wrote:
It is interesting that Tora Magic is a advertiser in the Society of American Magicians magazine MUM. I wonder if they know or care that he seems to be knocking off other individuals props?

I doubt they care. It's all about the bucks, I think. If he pays for an ad the ethics (found right on the SAM site I might add ) seem to go right out the window.

Best,

Tim

Day 13
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
I met tora in fism 2006 he seemed a nice man , I don t have experience with his stuf , they look interesting . his shop is in iran I think he is the only builder in the moddle east ...
Richard Sherry
View Profile
Veteran user
Calgary, AB, Canada
313 Posts

Profile of Richard Sherry
Question...

Is it legal for Americans to buy products from Iran? Being a Canadian I am not sure but I thought I had heard something about this on Glen Beck months ago.
stephane_arnow
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of stephane_arnow
It is legal to buy all you want, where you want ! It is the liberty, man !
Richard Sherry
View Profile
Veteran user
Calgary, AB, Canada
313 Posts

Profile of Richard Sherry
That's not true if you like Cuban cigars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Tora Magic's Zig Zag Version (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL