The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychics (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Quote:
Anecdotes,not generally considered proof of anything.

A man shares some of his personal experience and family history and you shoot him down. After a rousing round of posts looking for basic respect to each other. I don't think he presented it as proof of anything other than his own experience.

Tanis thank you for being open to sharing some of your life experience and background. Have you used that experience of the hospital in a presentation before?
enigmatic
View Profile
Regular user
France
174 Posts

Profile of enigmatic
Why we have to be Psychic OR Mentalist ? In my case I'm Psychic AND mentalist. It's depend what I do and for who I do ! But more I read some intolerant mentalist's point of view, more I prefer to define myself like a psychic. I mean this kind of mentalist with narrow point of view who can't accept the psychic people. For me this kind of mentalist are not mentalist at all... only mental magician. It's a very different way of thinking.

Doesn't matter if there are proof or not, about psychic world. All the skeptic want a proof... all the skeptic ask "How ?"... "How is possible ? prove it !" Personnally, this question doesn't relate to me, because I don't need to know "How"... For me the most important questions is : "why ?"... "Why is possible ?" "What is the sense behind that ?" "What can I learn from that about life ?"...
My father was conjurer, but in my mother's side, many relatives are psychic. And never I felt the need for separate this two worlds. It's two differents worlds but not opposite. Sometime both intersect.

For me, the supernatural is a belief, but the science is a belief too ! Anyway, if I have to choose between this two beliefs, I choose the way of mystery... the supernatural. It's better for enjoy the life. Anyway, the human being will always need mystery with a big "M". And I'm sorry, but there will be always more magic and mystery in the psychic universe than in the little world of the tricksters.

Last thought : If the psychic world did not exist, the mentalism could not exist. The mentalism draws its inspiration from the psychic world and supernatural. So, mentalists exists by psychic and supernatural. "Kill" the supernatural and you will kill all magic... especially mentalism.

PS : I hope my english is not so bad and you understand what I mean.
Real vision is the ability to see the invisible. (Jonathan Swift).

WWW.MAISON-HANTEE.COM
WWW.CHASSEURDEFANTOMES.COM
enigmatic
View Profile
Regular user
France
174 Posts

Profile of enigmatic
Jay Are wrote :
I think that we could all learn a lot from the "psychics"...

before you go discounting each and everyone as a fraudster or a scam artist...

Watch what they do, and learn from it.
[/quote]

I totally agree !
Real vision is the ability to see the invisible. (Jonathan Swift).

WWW.MAISON-HANTEE.COM
WWW.CHASSEURDEFANTOMES.COM
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Xersekis, thank you for your eloquent perspective.
(And bdekolta, for your kind words in regards to that previous post).
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Just to add to the conversation:

Ignoring anecdotal experience is the sure sign of...ignoring the existence of the experience itself. It is the skeptics' crutches.

Is it so much better to wait until a batch of scientists get around to figuring out tests and statistics? The hard skeptic will find as many reasons and excuses to ignore those, too, if they disagree with their opinions, just as a fundamental believer will for his own beliefs.

The psychic function is essentially, by nature, experiential. Thus, anecdotal is the only way you're going to find out about it, other than by experiencing it ourself.

So: ignoring anecdotal evidence is as incorrect as believing all anecdotal evidence. Somewhere in the middle is where it's all at.

But, one thing to keep in mind, I think, is that all the advice from all the 'psychic' folks agree: Shut your eyes to the experience, and you shut off the possibility of the experience. The true Shut-Eye is the one who refuses to believe in the possibility of the psychic realm, of perceiving beyond the normal spectrum of the human body/mind's senses.

Also, I think we need to establish that there is a very big difference between having psychic experiences and functions and being a psychic. Personally, I have the former, but am not the latter.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychics (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.42 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL