The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Why do you do magic for kids? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bradley Roberts
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas
413 Posts

Profile of Bradley Roberts
I was doing an educational magic show for a school last Friday. One of the 5th graders asked me a question that I thought was nice. She asked “Why do I do magic shows for kids?” It didn’t take me long to answer. I said because I love to make kids laugh and have a good time. The smiles on your faces mean a lot to me, and it lets me know I did my job correctly.

So… why do you do shows from kids?

~B-Rad
B-Rad "The Kids Magician"
Brad Kids Magic Website
"A child's smile is one of life's greatest blessings."
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I would echo your answer, and think that many would have that as part of theirs as well - to do this one must love children and bringing a smile to them. If not, then go and find something else to do that you enjoy - I enjoy performing for children so very much - it's worth the VERY early departure dates and the LONG drives home - I still don't consider it work!

It always reminds you why you do this when a child comes up afterwards or emails you and let's you know that they enjoyed themselves. A few days ago I had a child tell his teacher on the way out that he wanted to be like me when he grew up - I enjoy being a role model and someone they can look up to.

Anyways, that's just a couple of my thoughts on the matter.

Chad
Vegasvent
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix
288 Posts

Profile of Vegasvent
I love entertaining and I think that Kids appreciate whatever you are doing moreso than adults. Nothing beats laughter from children.
Magical Phil-Kidzshow, LLC

"My Wife says that either all of my Stuff goes, or she does......" "Boy, I'm sure gonna miss her cookin'."
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
I find it an excellent opportunity to hook up with desperate single mothers. Smile
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I also do it for the lonely mothers....that and kids have a higher resale value in many countries.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5355 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I simply love kids! I love the sense of wonder that fills their faces (and whole being) when they experience magic! There is no sound better in the whole world that a childs laughter and sounds of amazement! A big plus for me is that kids keep me alert, on my toes, and feeling young!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
LVMagicAL
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of LVMagicAL
I may look dumb, but that's just a disguise. I do magic shows for kids because B-RAD the Kids Magician can't handle all the show requests he gets. No need for me to market myself.....there are so many crumbs left in his wake that I'm getting rich just taking the gigs he doesn't want or can't handle. This guy is good!!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5355 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Dang! Maybe I ought to move to Las Vegas and take your leavings! LOL!!! Nice disguise! LOL!!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Bradley Roberts
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas
413 Posts

Profile of Bradley Roberts
LOL! Magical Al! I do alright and I know you do too. A lot of people here in Las Vegas now for all of us Smile We have reached 2 million and growing.

Thanks for the nice comment Al... I know if comes from the heart.

B-Rad
B-Rad "The Kids Magician"
Brad Kids Magic Website
"A child's smile is one of life's greatest blessings."
Tony James
View Profile
Inner circle
Cheshire UK
1398 Posts

Profile of Tony James
Money.

And for the mothers of the single mothers who I entrust to Kimmo's tender mercies.

Older women are that much more grateful, don't you find?
Tony James

Still A Child At Heart
triadsong
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
170 Posts

Profile of triadsong
I not only do magic shows for kids but I work with kids every day (about 500 of them throughout the week). Kids really enjoy life and new opportunities. They remind us that it is good to be alive; it's good to have fun; it's good to share with others; it's good to be joyful!
Every kid - every one of us - needs joy. We especially need to be reminded of that (at least I do) when the world seems to be falling apart around us.
Peace,
Vinny
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
Ecause I'm bigger than them. Actua;ly where else can you experience that face that conveys a sense of wonder and amazment. Laughter as well. They give me energy and that is worth more than anything I get paid. Of course the pay is nice too.
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Why do you do magic for kids? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL