The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Santini's Medeco S&W High Security escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Though I sell and promote Steve Santini products, I review only what I own. With that said, this has got to be the coolest Santini item I own.

Pickable Medeco high security Smith and Wesson handcuffs.

The Medeco Retro-Fit, made by BOA, was designed to heighten security on a standard pair of handcuffs by introducing a pin tumbler Medeco lock (like a door lock or padlock). The retro fit could be assembled onto a standard Peerless or Smith and Wesson and was bought by law enforcement agencies that need to transport the worst of the worst criminals or those who were considered flight risks.

Santini’s version uses an ungimmicked pair of Smith and Wesson handcuffs along with an actual Medeco retro fit that is so cleverly gimmicked it can pass the inspection of a pro and can even be double locked but still you can escape!! The Medeco has its pins in place and functions with the actual key belonging to the lock but it can also be opened with a simple pick and no knowledge of picking is required. Read that again!! Pins in place, double locked, examinable and still simple to escape from.

Steve also makes the escape with Peerless handcuffs, or you can add a waist chain and simple to pick padlock (that has pins) to give you an entire routine all in one. This is great for full view picking demonstrations, as it all requires one tool. I went for the full package, S&W retro fit with waist chain and padlock and was getting out in no time but yet I have had both police officers and locksmiths baffled as to how I do it because Santini went to great lengths to make this escape examinable!!

Want to see it for yourself? Come by the Titanic Concept/X-treem table at the Escape artist convention in Indianapolis and ask me for a demonstration. It truly does not get any better than this.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Shawn how much is that illusion you're talking about? Don,
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
$135 for a Smith and Wesson
$138 for a Peerless
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Shawn what is the difference besides the $3.00, is Peerless preferred over S&W or vice versa? Don,
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Basically it comes down to the person using the cuffs. I prefer Smith and Wesson myself and it is my own personal belief that the S&W name is a little better known and their products used more than Peerless. Any other questions let me know.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Santini's Medeco S&W High Security escape (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL