The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » 30 Minutes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Dani,
Your picture was nagging at me for about two days. I finally figured out where I've seen that shot. You were featured in the February issue of Magic in Silly Billy's column. Great shots and a great article. Guess you were standing behind your word...you shared some of your A list with the readers of Magic...and anyone here who subscribes. The old adage is true...if you want to keep something a secret, just put it in print. Congrats on the nice write up.
Lou
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Quote:
On 2008-03-14 18:58, chris mcbrien wrote:
It's you they came to see, not your props.

Chad Long, in his "The Lost Cheesy Notebooks, Vol 1," ends with that very same advice. Be yourself. I like how he puts it: "magic is a lot more fun when you let your own personality shine through. Your audiences will have more fun too!"

RevJohn
danryb
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of danryb
Thanks Lou. The article in Feb lacked the 'WHY' behind it.
True - the needle through balloon has been my signature routine for many many years and there is much more to it than the eye can see but as Chris mentioned above (let's keep on topic) this is one of the routines I might have suggested for a stage show for families and I suppose now I will be sounding like the rest of you because the reason it works on stage for families within a half hour production is because:
a/ it is highly visual
b/ it involves the audience
c/ it plays for about 5 minutes
d/ it is very funny
e/ it can be used as a closer

and most important - I have had years of experience with this routine and no it wont go wrong (it's sure fire).

So, I've answered the question, the routine can be seen in Feb addition of 'Magic' and those are my reasons. Of course none of the above will really help any one who intends picking up the routine today as both Tony and Chris (and others) have said:

if you have a family stage show - do your tried and tested routines. If you don't have any then do what you think you do best and give it your best shot.

Dani
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12222 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2008-03-14 10:42, jondark445 wrote:
You've got a stage and a family audience for 30 minutes. What routines do you do that you know will not only be memorable, but will also hopefully capture the crowd's imagination enough to have them ask you for your business card....

--Jon

ANYTHING ... depending on HOW you do it. Really!

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » 30 Minutes (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL