The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Henry Evans instant card restoration (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
Anyone have this to pass on a review?
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Must be brand new, haven't heard of it yet.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
He TORNS it into pieces???
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
I guess when someone typed up the description, they didn't proofread it...

It actually sounds like a fun trick.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I've noticed a pattern like that with Henry Evans effects.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
He's not the master of instructions.. Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Yeah, I've noticed. his linking rubber bands instructions were atrocious.

Man what is it with guys like him and Dominique Duvivier? You'd think that if they have not mastered English, the simple, logical, CONSIDERATE solution would be to run their instructions past a good English speaker before they foist them on the magic buying public. Geeeeessh.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
His DVD explainations on L&L are very well done. Considering the quality of his effects and props I cannot get too upset about his English.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2008-03-15 14:37, daffydoug wrote:
Yeah, I've noticed. his linking rubber bands instructions were atrocious.

Man what is it with guys like him and Dominique Duvivier? You'd think that if they have not mastered English, the simple, logical, CONSIDERATE solution would be to run their instructions past a good English speaker before they foist them on the magic buying public. Geeeeessh.

Your comments are a perfect example of ethnocentricity. I think that YOU should have the common courtesy to learn another language before you spout nonsense about bilingual people. What languages do you speak Daffy?

I am an American but I learned top speak Chinese and perform my shows in Chinese.
I even vent in Chinese now. Believe me, it's like learning to walk again.
Geeeeessh,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
Any chance of getting back on topic!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 06:17, markparker wrote:
Any chance of getting back on topic!

Sure, as soon as you go buy the effect and review it.
Thanks Mark!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Hey James,
I think Daffy wasn't upset that that they didn't master the language...English is a pain. BUT if they have NOT mastered it, why not send it to someone who has? I believe that was the gist. I understand learning a new language is a pain, I moved to France a few years ago and knew nothing about the language. If I was to release any written explanations in French, I would have a francophone read it.

On that note -- Someone want to buy this? =)

Adam

Day 19
alfredini
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Fl, USA - Maracaibo, Venezuela
32 Posts

Profile of alfredini
Well the trick sayd its by Merpin who is a magician from argentina. I have met both henry evans and merpin and I knwo somebody who actually talks contantly with henry adn I coudl ask him to get a video of this effect
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
That would be great to see a demo...before this turned into a language debate I was just interested to see if anyone had seen or used this effect
chill pills for the man with his face off a couple of posts up!
benrl
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of benrl
No one denies that Henry Evans is a very clever magi. But many would express the frustration at Henry's lack of respect to his English speaking customers by not vetting his instructions to insure that they are understandable. I refer you to the instructions for Monte 2000.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 12:04, baskitboy5 wrote:
Hey James,
I think Daffy wasn't upset that that they didn't master the language...English is a pain. BUT if they have NOT mastered it, why not send it to someone who has? I believe that was the gist. I understand learning a new language is a pain, I moved to France a few years ago and knew nothing about the language. If I was to release any written explanations in French, I would have a francophone read it.

On that note -- Someone want to buy this? =)

Adam

Day 19

Thank-you. That is precisely what I was trying to convey. As you said, I am not the least bit upset that they can't speak perfect English. My point was horribly misconstrued. My beef is that they don't run the instructions by someone who DOES for proofreading before they market them to those of us who do.

In other words, if I learned Spanish, and I wrote some instructions for an effect and was going to market them to the Hispanic population, I would DEFINITELY employ the services of a fluent Spanish speaking person to go over every inch of my instructions and correct broken Spanish before I even thought about putting it on the market!

That is the consideration I would give, and that is all I'm asking from them.

Xiqual, I apologize if you misunderstood my intent.
magichoka
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of magichoka
Any instructional video come with this ? Thanks
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
Still waiting for a review. Smile
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Instant card restoration works OK for me, but the glass is very thin. I got mine has already broken.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Henry Evans instant card restoration (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL