We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Anthony Jacquin's Reality Is Plastic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3207 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I just received the first supplement to Anthony’s extremely informative “Reality is Plastic.” The original book was superb, and now we’re getting even more. Thank you so much, Anthony.

Elliott
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I just received the main book today and some extra goodies from Mesmermastermind Jacquin - this book is really excellent because:

1) It is practical

2) It is obvious this is from someone who loves the art and pracitices it well

3) Can be used for enhancing other performance approaches (I'm biased, using suggestions etc. is something mentalism and magic should be using to enhance effect impacts with careful consideration)

4) Easy to read

5) Bonus goodies (shhhh)

6) Supplements as well - wow! I look forward to receiving the mentalism one...

7) The price is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to low for this gem... consider Blair Robert's "Rapid Induction DVDs" for $500!!!!.... this book and gravy is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy underpriced.

8) Bravo, sir, Bravo!!!!

Thanks for making this available to the community, Mr. Jacquin.

Best regards,

Bruce
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Ringo
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Ringo
5) Bonus Goodies
???? Do you mean the DVD that the first 200 got ????
Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
693 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
Anthony, I'd really like to tell you that the supplement is great, but you must already know that. So I'd like to tell you all to get a copy of the book, if you haven't already, since the reviews have been glowingly positive, the addition of free supplements can only be another reason to get a copy.

For the price, I don't think that you can do better.

Thanks again, Tom.
SM41
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of SM41
I emailed Anthony, I'm just waiting for my copy.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
As my favourite taxi company always says 'On its way'.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3958 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just received it and I only had a chance to read for the first 40 pages. So far it is an excellent book, clearly written in a professional and thorough manner. It is a very interesting book and I have already thought up some ways to utilize the hypnotism ideas in the book to enhance some mentalism and magic routines. It is a thought provoking book that would be beneficial to any magician or mentalist to enahnce the believability and entertainment value of their performances. Highly recommended.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
I recently got this book and I have to say that the book is amazing I could not be more satisfied with the book.

The book is very well written, easy to follow and very focused and to the point which were perfect for me who had no prior knowledge about hypnosis but who wants to become a hypnotist.

I have read other books on the subject but most of them were just confusing because there were just to much theory and information which ended up with that I had no idea about what to do or how to hypnotize people with confidence. This book as I said is very straight forward and to the point and covers what you need to know to successfully and confidently hypnotize people, everything from how to get started, a couple of very effective induction techniques as well as some really funny "routines" and more.

The bonus video that followed were also very good with very clear instructions on how to do the inductions.

I have had some time to try the techniques out and I am quit shocked on how powerful and effective these techniques are.

Me and my friend were down at the local guitar shop to buy some new guitar strings and I managed to try out the handshake induction thought in the book on one of the guys that worked there and it worked perfectly and he got zapped out and I made him believe that he were now selling guitar strings to Steven tyler and Joe Perry from Aerosmith and he seemed quit happy do to so, it was a quit bizarre experience but it was extremely fun.
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Bizarre! Id say!.... Steven Tyler doesn't play guitar.... and Joe Perry gets his Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkys for free.
I met Steve Tyler once... strange man!... after our brief exchange he walked down the street and bought Aerosmith T shirts for 40 screaming fans.

Uh hum... but I digress.

I am a total novice on the hypnosis front.... but have a few publications.
The Ronning guide to modern stage hypnosis being one of them.

How does this book compare?

Paul
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-06-22 08:49, fridoliina89 wrote:
I recently got this book and I have to say that the book is amazing I could not be more satisfied with the book.

Me and my friend were down at the local guitar shop to buy some new guitar strings and I managed to try out the handshake induction thought in the book on one of the guys that worked there and it worked perfectly and he got zapped out and I made him believe that he were now selling guitar strings to Steven tyler and Joe Perry from Aerosmith and he seemed quit happy do to so, it was a quit bizarre experience but it was extremely fun.

Fridoliina,

thanks for taking the time to write and post a review. I am so glad you enjoyed it and loved hearing about your antics in the guitar shop. It is satisfying to know the approach outlined is being used and working for you. And you resisted the temptation to walk out with a Gibson Les Paul - good for you.

By the way I have sent you a copy of the first supplement to the book 'Reality is Plastic - Proper Mental'. The second will be out very soon. It focuses on pre-show hypnosis for the mentalist. That show can of course be anything from stage to 'impromptu'. You are on the list so watch your email box. Any mentalists who did not get this first supplement please PM or email me.

Stay in touch if you have any questions.

Paul. Reality is Plastic is not a book on stage hypnosis. It as about using hypnosis in any other situation (impromptu or engineered) and for that reason has been well received by dabbling mentalists. Feel free to PM with any questions.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Thanks Anthony,

Will certainly PM with some question. Sounds interesting.

Paul
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Ant, I still waiting for my DVD Smile
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Thanks for the reminder Mesmer. It is on it's way now Smile

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Rosemary
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Rosemary
I'm interested in this. I really am. But I just can't believe hypnosis is real. Come on... Somebody just uses words to say he is invisible and you can't see him anymore ??? It's just impossible... it seems.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-06-23 10:38, Rosemary wrote:
But I just can't believe hypnosis is real. Come on... Somebody just uses words to say he is invisible and you can't see him anymore ??? It's just impossible...

I can't believe it either. But then you tell someone you or anyone or anything else is invisible and it is. Their reaction is very real.

Choose your superpower. Have a go. Surprise yourself.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Was going to PM with questions but... upon re reading this post and visiting your web site... my few questions have been answered.

Just ordered my copy Smile

Thanks Anthony
merlin1979
View Profile
Veteran user
Bottling the impossible
334 Posts

Profile of merlin1979
Another (overdue) agreement with all the above. This is the most direct and simply put book I've read on the subject. I am very impressed with the strightforwrdness of this book. So many others have a lot of superfluous waffle that its difficult to get to the meat of it. I am looking forward to the training day. Thanks again Anthony for an excellent offering (and the DVD and supplement!)

Merlin
First do no harm...

http://www.impossibottle.co.uk
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Thank you for the feedback Merlin. I look forward to meeting you on the training day. There will be at least a dozen magicians and mentalists on each course who like you have an interest in building hypnotic techniques into their skill set. This makes the breaks throughout the day as productive as the training.

All the best,

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
I just ordered this and got immediate e-mail replies from Anthony including the supplement in advance.

The supplement alone gave me one idea to incorporate into shows which was frankly worth the price of the entire book.

Looking forward to getting delivery.

Thanks again Anthony for excellent responsive service.

GH
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn

GerryHennessey.com
Rosemary
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Rosemary
Quote:
On 2008-03-26 20:59, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
No I am afraid not. (Fre)e-books make me twitch. I'll get over it one day. T

Ant

Please, don't EVER, EVER get over it.
e-books are the first sign of the coming of the apocalypse, as far as I'm concerned !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Anthony Jacquin's Reality Is Plastic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL