The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Anthony Jacquin's Reality Is Plastic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
wordSMITH
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of wordSMITH
Anthony,

Are you going to be bringing along copies of RiP and the DVD to TMV? I want a pair earmarked for me if that's the case!

Best wishes,
Sean
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Hi Sean,

yes I will bring some along to Tabula Mentis V. I am really looking forward to it.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Paul Spaniels
View Profile
Loyal user
Hull, UK
249 Posts

Profile of Paul Spaniels
I just got this book and I'd say quite honestly it's one of the best purchases I've ever made.
You really are getting a hell of a lot for your money here, no question.

The book itself is well-written, fascinating, and, as others have said, the instructions inside it couldn't be more clear or to the point. I've read numerous books on hypnosis over the last few years - most of which I've got half way through before realising I haven't actually learnt anything much at all - but this one is very definitely different.

I'd also like to mention that Anthony himself is an absolute pleasure to deal with. He made sure the book got to me very quickly - I think he must've posted it almost as soon as I'd mailed him to say I'd placed an order. Not only that but he also sent me numerous things to be reading while I was waiting for the delivery and this more than sufficiently passed the time.

I also pestered him with a few questions I had (sorry Anthony Smile) and he was more than willing to answer these in detail and always got back to me very quickly.

The supplements he provides are pure gold btw for anyone wishing to incorporate hypnosis into their mentalim routines. and that he bothered to make these at all, and, further, give them away for free, are a testament to his good nature and eagerness/willingness to share his knowledge and expertise with others who wish to learn.

If you are thinking about learning or studying hypnosis then I genuinely can't recommend this purchase enough. Anthony could imo quite easily have made a shed load more money out of this, but he chose to keep the price low and shove in as much extra material as he could.

I haven't put any of the techniques into practice yet but I have only just got the book, but I really can't wait to get started and I already feel confident I'm going to be successful when I do begin for real.

12/10 for me Smile
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Paul,

thank you very much for the lengthy and glowing review. My first 12/10 Smile

I look forward to hearing from you when you have put things into action. Stay in touch with any questions.

The third Reality is Plastic: Proper Mental supplement will be with you soon.

Thanks again.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

cougar261084
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of cougar261084
I've just ordered this book and with all the raving reviews I can't wait to read it
Guillaume Vallée
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Guillaume Vallée
Hi there,
This book has been a revelation to me.
I had no idea to get into hypnosis when I read a review on another forum by chance.
Anthony emailed me the book less than an hour after I placed my order..
I read it compulsively and made my first real trial one week later.

Went on extremely well.
I hypnotised two people: the first got her hand stuck on the table and temporary amnesia of her own name, after the trance she said her headache was healed.
The second person burst out laughing on command in a spectacular way and then got her feet stuck to the floor as she tried walking.
I also did a bit of mentalism with her while she was still under.
After the trance she said she felt deeply relaxed and couldn't remember a thing..

Quite a nice start! I felt particulary strange when I saw the first person responding to my suggestions with all the signs of a hypnotised person.

When the second person asked me to be hypnotised my brain thought "No, sorry I did this for the first time, I'm quite shocked that it worked and I'm really afraid to try again, I don't know how I did it"
And my lips said "Yes of course, when you want!"

I have not made many experiences since then, except last week but I must say that the person almost did faint and had to leave the room. She felt ok after a few minutes breathing outside.
She told me later that these kind of things happen to her from time to time.
I was not totally unprepared because Anthony’s book talks a little bit about these kind of reactions.

I have since then begann to try auto-hypnosis as a way to learn a bit more about what the hypnotised state really is and also as a tool to solve certain problems.

I still wonder about an unannounced induction, a handshake induction directly on someone who doesn’t even know you are a hypnotist, I really wonder. What kind of context would work? What kind of people to approach? And what kind of reaction to expect if it doesn’t work?
I can hardly picture myself trying this without presenting my self first as a hypnotist .

Anyway this book is changing my life and my way to entertain in a great manner.
It has given me all I needed to start and has opened my interest to a wonderful and revolutionary tool.

All the best,
Guillaume
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Guillaume,
I'm not sure if unannounced hypnosis is metioned in RIP. may I ask why you're considering going there?
bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Guillaume,

many thanks for taking the time to write a review based on your first experiences of hypnotizing.

The only demonstration of unannounced hypnosis in the book is the 'Watered' routine with me as Denzel.

Stay in touch with any questions and experiences you have applying this ability to your performance.

Ant
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I just received RIP and can tell it is a winner. This book is so straight forward. The easy step by step style is a delight. I am going to spend some quality time with this one as I finish up some courses in hypnosis.

Thanks Ant

Candin
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I did Magnetic Fingers for a group of COPS tonight and it went well. Police are the toughest spectators I ever had for mentalism so I think this is a good sign. I have always done the finger "vise" tests with arms outstretched and no pre-talk of having the hands clasped tight. I like Anthony's idea of the bent elbow to keep the arms from tiring.

Candin
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Nice one Candin. Well done.

If you have a big group I really encourage you to push on after the inevitable bit of magnetic fingers or similar exercises and get them to close their eyes, talk them inside and then tell them they are stuck and bolted. It only takes about 20-30 seconds to do this. It is a wonderful way of you zoning in on the subject or group of subjects you want to work with.

They are already hypnotized at that point. Do not forget that. At this point your induction becomes a flourish as much as anything else.

Making big things from one tiny thing is my preferred method of hypnotizing at the moment. I just cannot resist using Bill Cushman's Jumping Pulse from Suggestibilities in the same way as Magnetic Fingers described above. 'The next time you feel your pulse jump...'

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Excellent Anthony. I wish I had more time but I certainly will remember this for the next group set pieces.

Candin
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Hey Anthony,

It means a lot to me that you've found The Jumping Pulse so robust! I think your endorsements and opening your seminars with JP has sold more copies of Suggestabilites than my ads or formal reviews! Thanks again. And thank you Candin, wink, wink.

Best,

Bill
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Looking forward to having an arsenal to use.

Hey Anthony,

I did what you said to one of the secretary types. I started with M Fingers and did the eyes closed, then the M hands with the eyes closed. Great! On MH, did it a little deeper with her and then brought her up. A quick trance but baby steps:)

I presented it as relaxation experiments and that seemed to really make her curious. Afterwards, she said she felt tingling in her fingers. A very different sensation. She told me to come back with any more.

Candin
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I received JP today and read through it a few times. Before that, the Milton Erickson piece was very profound. Well done Bill and thanks for sharing something you use in your practice. I see very good potential in using this for stand alone or pre-induction purposes.

Candin
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thanks Wayne. The Milton Erickson piece was the first "anything" I'd written for mentalism so was a little daunting. I'm glad you liked it and that I can read it today without cringing. I even agree with much of what I wrote back then!

Taking from therapeutic practice, in this case The Jumping Pulse, and giving to mentalism in a way that I didn't feel was abusinve or quasi-therapy was something I long wanted to accomplish. A lot of the effects, no matter how well-intended or egaging they might be, that attempt this bridge turn me off by risking playing with fire.

I don't see myself a sensationalist about this and I know the mishaps are in the minority but I don't see it as worth the risk. And of course ego rears its ugly head, a curse suffered equally by therapists, mentalists, readers and hypnotists. I didn't want to leave you feeling left out in your own thread, Anthony, but nor am I pointing a finger. Quite the opposite. And note who I listed first.

I have taken great joy and had powerful results taking ideas learned in the fields of mentalism and applying them to my work as a therapist. There is overlap of course, and this is probably the specific zone on the field I draw the most from.

Given this is a thread about Anthony's book and all I wanted to do was come in and say some thank yous, I believe it is time to say good night, Graice.
Manfredo
View Profile
New user
Nuernberg/Germany
93 Posts

Profile of Manfredo
The last weekend I had the great pleasure to participate a two-day seminar by Anthony (accompanied by Kevin Sheldrake) in Germany. Of course after reading his book. It was in every respect great.

I can now say: I`m a Hypnotist.
Manfredo
View Profile
New user
Nuernberg/Germany
93 Posts

Profile of Manfredo
I must correct me.

I`m not a hypnotist. I´m The Hypnotist.

This is an important lesson by Anthony.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Thanks Manfredo.

The course in Germany was very enjoyable for us. It was great to meet everyone. Our hosts the Paralabs people including Rainer Mees and Thomas Heine who organised everything have some incredible ideas and products.

I look forward to meeting you all again and hope to come back sometime later this summer.

Best regards,

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
394 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
I just took the leap of faith and ordered this. Sounds too good to be true Smile

-Aleksi Hietanen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Anthony Jacquin's Reality Is Plastic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL