The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Anthony Jacquin's Reality Is Plastic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Anthony is mentioned here: http://www.online-visions.com/craigbrowning/0801ethics.html

I must admit, I was ambivalent on reading further on, seeing as how I disagree with Craig's opinions about 50% of the time anyway, but it was interesting nonetheless.

I'm probably the last person to read this though, so my apologies if that is the case. Personally, I loved RIP.

-Lem
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Thanks for flagging up the article Lem.

I must say I was ever so slightly quaking in my boots when Craig mentioned he planed an article on morals and ethics with reference to Reality is Plastic. However I think the article is pretty balanced and raises important questions regarding performance for the mentalist regardless of whether they use hypnosis.

Richard Busch has recently given a lengthy review in the PEA newsletter. Check it out if you can. Little did I know but he has many many years of experience of hypnosis and has written an insightful and interesting piece.

Best regards,

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
926 Posts

Profile of muse
Quote:

e-books are the first sign of the coming of the apocalypse, as far as I'm concerned !

I don't recall that being in Revelations, but maybe I need to go back and re-read it! I don't personally see anything wrong with a good ebook, and you can always print it out. I love books, but I'd take an informative and well written ebook over a meandering and sloppily written book any time if that's the choice. And sometimes, it is.

RIP is a great idea, I applaud Anthony for putting out a text that is so uncluttered and unashamedly focuses on a narrow remit, and does it well.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
I agree. However there is nothing quite like the 'feel' of a good book 'in your hands'. As I write this I'm reading Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell and I actually enjoy feeling the story sitting there. I thought it was ME but seemingly most of us are actually holders.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Chris K
I am a holder as well, Bobser. I only got about halfway through that book (the King was dancing or something, sort of the last thing I remember clearly). The attitude of both of the subjects of the story reminded me a great deal of many in the industry though, maybe I'll give it another go.

Anthony,
I would have been quaking in my boots as well. Mr. Browning is a great thinker and, like me, quite opinionated. It can be scary to be in the sights of somebody like that but, as you said, it ended up being a very balanced article. However, when he used your ad copy, which I recognized immediately, without giving your name, I thought "uh-oh, this is going to be rough).

As for Richard, he's a big Erickson guy, isn't he? He mentioned some stuff the last time I spoke with him on the phone (which was actually quite a while ago). Personally, for my own education, I've been practicing some of the Erickson inductions, like his vaunted handshake induction, and I guess I don't have the right "touch-no touch" touch yet.

Which is totally off-topic.

-Lem
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Quote:
On 2008-07-17 04:02, muse wrote:
Quote:

e-books are the first sign of the coming of the apocalypse, as far as I'm concerned !

I don't recall that being in Revelations, but maybe I need to go back and re-read it! I don't personally see anything wrong with a good ebook, and you can always print it out. I love books, but I'd take an informative and well written ebook over a meandering and sloppily written book any time if that's the choice. And sometimes, it is.

RIP is a great idea, I applaud Anthony for putting out a text that is so uncluttered and unashamedly focuses on a narrow remit, and does it well.

If it is in Revelations, I'm doomed. I love ebooks. I also love books in general like "Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell." I don't think one excludes the other.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

I have also read an enjoyed Strange and Norrell. I loved all the 'mirror' work.

Yes I understand that Mr Busch is an accomplished 'Ericksonian'. Like Erickson he is no doubt accomplished at more direct hypnosis too.

Regarding the touch, no touch, you can practice the same kind of thing to get the required sensitivity when doing a traditional handshake, eye to hand fixation or the Jacquin Power Lift. Maintaining contact but not actully offering their hand any support. With Ericksons ambiguous touch I find using your first and second finger, just the crease of their wrist with the odd bit of pressure down from the thumb helps, As does lifting their hand just slightly higher than you would for a regular handshake.

There is a 20 page essay from Erickson on the subject in one of his books. Have you read that Lem?

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Rosemary
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Rosemary
[quote]On 2008-07-17 04:02, muse wrote:
I don't recall that being in Revelations, but maybe I need to go back and re-read it[quote]
Ah, muse... I was only speaking metaphoricaly. No need to bring in your biblical knowledge. Sigh.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Think he was joking. Hoping you are too?
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Anthony,

In the book I am currently going through (at home), it is somebody else (Giobini or something, coauthored a ton of papers with ME) taking exercerpts from ME's journal and other papers. The section is probably about 20 pages but talks about using the first finger, pinky, and thumb. I believe, but could be wrong, that ME modified his approach later.

In any case, I think you are right on, Anthony. The Power Lift and ambiguous touching has done more to make me confident and, thus, successful, than anything else I have tried. I'm following up with ME for some of the language (which Busch loves to talk about) as well as for my own curiosity now that I am performing hypno-pseudo hypno sets.

While I had sort of wanted to do that for a while, what gave me confidence and tools to get started? Why, Ant's Reality is Plastic, how did you know?

Thanks again!

-Lem
Rosemary
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Rosemary
Don't worry, Bobser. I don't take things too seriously. Reality is plastic, after all ! Smile
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
926 Posts

Profile of muse
Quote:
On 2008-07-18 15:37, Rosemary wrote:

Ah, muse... I was only speaking metaphoricaly. No need to bring in your biblical knowledge. Sigh.

Yes, I definitely to be taken with a large pinch of salt. I'm afraid my knowledge of Revelations is far from perfect (although I'm sure I would have recalled ebooks being mentioned). But that was just a bantery (if there is such a word, if not can I contribute it) aside, my point was just that, while I love books, the content rather than the medium is key for me.
Magicman101uk
View Profile
Regular user
Nuneaton, UK
146 Posts

Profile of Magicman101uk
I just wanted to say that I purchased the book last weekend at a free one day seminar run by Anthony and his father. It was great to have in written form the inductions we had practiced through the day (as after reading back through my notes, they were a little scribbled....), and I've found the book a great read!

Cheers

Paul
Anyone here believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand!

www.paul-humphreys.com
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Thanks for the feedback Paul. Email me and I will send you the free supplement to the book aimed at magicians/mentalists.

Stay in touch with any questions.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

rufio
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of rufio
Anthony, is the free DVD still being included, or has the book sold more than 200 now? To be honest, hypnotism is not something I am interested in, but all these posts on this and other forums has generated intrigue, if only curiousity of the material. Hmm...
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Hi,

I have had tons of support from you all in the last year. Many thanks for that.

Just wanted to give you some idea of what I have been working on lately.

http://www.eyeworks.tv/en/p48ebaec1d0c4f......h_player

Not strictly mental, just proper mental.

Enjoy

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Anthony, that's fantastic. Well Done.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
That was great. Thanks for sharing, Anthony.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3226 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I have just brought my copy!!!GREAT WEAPON!!!
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Sean, Derek, thanks for your feedback.

Luca thanks too. I am sure you will find the techniques outlined will find space in your armory. Stay in touch with any questions.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Anthony Jacquin's Reality Is Plastic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL