The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Walter Scott's second deal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15816 Posts

Profile of tommy
I think for any one that wants to master Walter Scott’s Second Deal this e-book is really helpful. It takes you through the technique step by step, with great little tips along way. It’s got some two dozen crystal clear colour photographs of everything, which are really life like. It goes into more than just the technique… I can’t go into that really without exposing but it covers everything nicely. I will look though it again latter and see if I can find something to moan about and let you know later. I would like pick a flaw or two with it actually just to show I am not biased. Its no secret I am friend of Yiannis, just knowing him here at the café that is. It is cool anyway and thanks Yiannis.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Yiannis
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago USA
352 Posts

Profile of Yiannis
Tommy,

thank you very much!
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
That's a beautiful deal Yiannis........ beautiful.

Question for you?.......I went to purchase your manuscript and wasn't informed anywhere I could see what methods of payment you accepted prior to asking for a fair bit of personal information.

I hesitate to give information such as what you're asking for to ANYBODY via the internet .
If you're taking PayPal do you even need that kind of info?

Without knowing up front what you take for payment, I might get all the way through and find out you only take Diners Club cards!

I wonder if you should be looking for folks actual home addresses and such for a gambling manuscript?

Anyway, let me know Yiannis, (others may have a similar concern and not be voicing it) I WANT to get your manuscript, but I'm not into giving out that much personal information.

(hey Don, is that a "Paradox" t-shirt you've got on in your avatar?......I just picked your book up and am amazed at the thinking contained within......it's got some stuff that's not only below the radar, but not seen outside the book!)
Yiannis
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago USA
352 Posts

Profile of Yiannis
Hi Silverking,

thank you for the comment and your interest in the eBook.

Your questions were raised just on time! I have received PM's about the payment method and how to download the eBook and I was about to write the following.

The shopping cart software that I've got on the website requires the billing information by default. You DO NOT have to provide them! This software is only temporarily, while I'm looking for something better and simpler for the customer.

Just fill in the "Customer Information" fields to create an account (to give you access to the members section, where you can find video tutorials that accompany the eBook), and in the "Bill to Information" fields just put N/A. After you send the registration, login with your account information and complete the checkout.

The only payment method I accept at the moment is paypal. I think you can make a credit card payment through paypal as well. When the order is received, I'll send you the eBook to the email address you have provided.

If you can't get through to paypal via my website, just send me a message to yiannis@gamblingsleights.com to sort things out for you.

I apologize for the incovenience and please PM me if you have any problems. I'll be more than happy to help you.
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
586 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
The eBook is very good, very clear and very precise. It gives a good tip on how minimise the brief with the most difficult strike second. It gives you also some exercices to practice the deal - the first time I see this in a description. Obviously a job done by somebody who is a real expert on this subject. Even the layman's full grip is described in conjonction with the deal, which is probably the most deceptive way to handle the deck during any false deal (I know that Persi Diaconis was using this grip, so you know it is good). Very good informations indeed.
JJS
ghostpianist
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of ghostpianist
The book came right on time; just finished reading the Phamtoms book with lots of question mark about the deal. Have placed my order just now; cheers.
Yiannis
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago USA
352 Posts

Profile of Yiannis
Jean Jacques,

thank you very much! I'm glad you liked it.

Ghostpianist,
thanx for the order.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Sent you an email Yiannis.
Registration complete.
PayPal funds transfered.

BUT........

I didn't get an email with an ID# on it, so I'm temporarily not able to download the manuscript.

If the ID# IS on an email, and I just don't see it.....then I'm wearing the dunce cap Smile
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Yiannis took care of my order in double time!

I'm looking forward to giving this some serious study.
Right off the top the book appears as a totally professional product.

(And even more tempting are the three other e-books he's got in the works for later this year!)
Yiannis
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago USA
352 Posts

Profile of Yiannis
Silverking,

thank you for your order.

There is apparently a problem with the download ID in the shopping cart software. No worries though, I just sent the eBook to your email address.

Cheers!
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Yiannis I'm not only proud of you, I'm thankful as well. You know what I mean.

Respectfully,

Doc
Yiannis
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago USA
352 Posts

Profile of Yiannis
My pleasure Doc!
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Yiannis has produced a professional quality product with his "Second Dealing, In Seconds" manuscript.

One of the things that makes this manuscript different from others is that the author has chosen to focus on the Walter Scott strike second deal, which is unique in a second deal.
Although there's a lot of material out there on strike second deals in general, the Scott strike second hasn't gotten a lot of attention to date.

Yiannis has changed all that with this manuscript.

The obvious visual element of the Scott second is the "still thumb" on the left hand. In the context of the Scott strike second deal, this "still thumb" helps to create the illusion of a fair deal.

The Scott second isn't a perfect false deal, as no second deal ever is.
Yiannis has highlighted some of the shortcomings of this deal, and then goes on to explain clearly how to work around or better conceal them.

The manuscript itself is extremely well laid out, with pictures that are crystal clear not only in the quality of the photos themselves, but also in the clear presentation of the deal broken down into its individual components.
Yiannis also has a writing style that, combined with his obvious knowledge of false deals, lets you know that you're not reading the writings of somebody who knows not of what they speak, but rather the exact opposite.
This manuscript is a piece of "real work" for those who seek hard to find information not offered in magazines and popular books.

This manuscript is also geared not only for those with experience in false deals, but also for beginners who may not have dealt a second in their lives.
Yiannis has also provided a video library on his website that offers detailed examples of the various elements of the Scott strike second he talks about in the manuscript. These videos are a huge help to those who may not have yet had exposure to other information on second dealing.

Highly Recommended.

(BTW, 5.99 Pounds Sterling is around $12.00, so this is a bargain as well.)
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2008-03-18 12:35, silverking wrote:

The obvious visual element of the Scott second is the "still thumb" on the left hand.

Since I never tried to learn Scott's second, I didn't pick up on this, which is why it seemed so noticeable in Yiannis's video.

As I said: I think his work is beautiful. But do y'all really think that a motionless thumb gives the illusion of a fair deal?

Last night we were playing a card game with a guest, and I watched carefully how everyone was dealing. EVERYONE uses their thumbs. I don't recall ever seeing anyone not use their thumb.

Please don't misunderstand: I'm really not trying to start a fight. I just find a motionless thumb to be...well...weird looking.

Jeff
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
I totally agree with you, Jeff. Most people do move the thumb of the deck hand while dealing. To those of us who are familiar with the moves, this sticks out like a... well, a sore thumb.

At the same time, however, it is hardly ever the issue of a dead thumb that will tip anything to a lay person.

It has been my experience that most of the minute hairs, such as this, are split by those who have gone far beyond the surface of card manipulation and would never really be noticed by 98% of card players; even those who knew what a second deal or a bottom deal are.

It is most often a hiccup in game play that wakes the dead. If the scam is overworked, or abused, or if an unnatural chain of bets/calls/raises occurs, then those who would normally sleep themselves into the welfare line, sit straight up in bed.

Of course, that's not to say that botching a shift or a bottom deal is acceptable card table practice. My point is that it is easy for many to get caught up in the minutae of sleight-of-hand and whether or not a dead thumb will get heat, etc... But, in the end, these things are almost never an issue if the scam is being worked properly.

CC
Jeremy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Brown
Good words cc.
Question: How does the ebook differ from the explanation in "Phantom"?

Jeremy
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
An interesting aside is that NOT moving the thumb is a lot harder than moving it if you've been dealing seconds for any amount of time with a "moving left thumb" style of second deal.......your muscle memory wants to move that left thumb.

It's actually quite a challenge to learn this after dealing seconds for a couple of decades with a moving thumb.

As for deceptiveness, the "still thumb" is most definitely associated with the Scott second deal, and not wanting to tip any of the material Yiannis has included in his manuscript it should suffice to say that the "still thumb" is what makes THIS deal deceptive when you follow the instructions as laid out in the manuscript.

Needless to say, the left thumb does in fact move in this deal (it obviously HAS to), but for the purposes of the Scott deal the purpose of the movement is the exact opposite of a traditional strike second with full thumb movement, in that all movement of the left thumb is to be concealed.

Jeff, watching Yiannis's videos should demonstrate that the Scott second deal, as offered as expertly as it is by Yiannis, will continue to be extremely deceptive to laymen.

Jeremy, the manuscript is loaded with pictures designed to actually learn the deal. I've got both "Phantom" and "Phantoms" (the original shorter book) and although descriptions are in the books, the actual process of learning (especially if you're new to second dealing) is far easier with Yiannis's e-book.
Jeremy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Brown
Thank you silverking.
h2o
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of h2o
Besides the "moving thumb", I never really understood why a tiny brief was advised by by W. Scott. The tinier the brief, the greater the chance you'll miss your 2nd during a game, however good and expert you can be. And while playing cards, you can't concentrate as hard on your 2nd as when doing demo stuff. Therefore it's my guess you'd pretty much have to look after a "practical" 2nd deal, not a "look how tiny is my brief" move. That's not to say that a "practical" 2nd needs less practice.
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
H2o,

You are exactly right in what you just said. Dead on.

The size of the brief is another one of those hairs that are split by those manipulators that practice, practice, practice. It's quite a natural process, really...

For the artist, it is never enough to simply be able to pull one card out from under another. The deal must look, and in some cases even sound, flawless from every angle imaginable. This goal of perfection seemingly shared by all of these prestidigitators is one that, theoretically, will never be reached but it does yield some very beautiful card work.

For the cheat, the goal is not perfection but compensation. Therefore, most don't really bother with "taking the moves to the next level" if they can get the money and call it a day.

And it is a very excellent point that was made about this second deal, and the whole tiny brief thing. Past a certain point, it is antithetical to the cheats mission statement.

For the record, and before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, this post is not knocking anyone or anything out there whatsoever. I'm really not in the mood for another one of those stupid verbal jousting sessions.

CC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Walter Scott's second deal (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL