The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Everybodys Lazy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

deejaylloyd
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of deejaylloyd
He All,
I was wondering is the trick "Everbodys Lazy" from Ortiz? if so what book.

Thanks in advance,

DeeJay
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
It's Simon Aronson's, published in Simply Simon.
deejaylloyd
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of deejaylloyd
Ahh thanks for that Larry. Smile
kent1985
View Profile
Regular user
Perth (WA), Australia
148 Posts

Profile of kent1985
If you want, you could also check zen master by ortiz.. another variation for this..
deejaylloyd
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of deejaylloyd
Ahh ok have been playing around with Zen master for a bit now. thanks All
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
826 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Great thread! Enjoyed it!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3878 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Sorry, but apart that Zen Master and Everybody's Lazy both are using a MD the effects are completely different! Zen Master is great, Everybody's Lazy is a gem... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1089 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Closer than just a MD, in that cards are selected and found at named numbers also, which is the same effect.

Everybody's Lazy is a gem, that's for sure and all of Simons work should be studied, as should Darwin's in my opinion.

I perform a combination of both,meaning I perform most of Zen Master, but with a few changes in the handling and end the effect as Simon does, but the spectator can name any number, from one to fifty two.

Not saying the way Simon handles it is bad, if fact as a whole EL is a brilliant routine and all I did was talor the effect itself to suit me, using EL and ZM for the most part.

Both Simon and Darwin's effects are stellar and some will like one better than the other, so I recomend both be studied as they both have a lot going for them.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3878 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Steve, what I love so much about EL is the enormous (built in) potential for very strong entertainment. It's very funny and at the same time so impossible... When I use Simon's (of course modified) patter/presentation presenting it in German people can't stop laughing about this "logical nonsense". Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1089 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Yep

The spectator involvment in EL has a festive feel to it, while at the same time seeming impossible, which gives it the best of both worlds.

Any one interested in this type of effect, should get Simply Simon, as there are several routines in the book on the Lazy effect, which is like a small course on the subject.

Steve
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
I agree with the sentiments on this thread. "Everybody's Lazy" is a very entertaining effect.

"Everybody's Lazy", "4-Stop Intersection" and other MD effects can also be seen on Simon's "Sessions with Simon" DVD set--particularly Disk 3 (which is devoted to MD information and effects). It was this disk and Simon's "Twice as Hard" effect from his "Try the Impossible" book that got me to finally bite the bullet and put in the work necessary to begin learning MD effects.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Everybodys Lazy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL