The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis and Criss Angel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2458 Posts

Profile of critter
What's with all the CA hating? So the guy is successful. He is surrounded by the best magicians in the game. Lance Burton, P&T, McBride, Banacheck.
As for the thing about 'out of control' and 'falling down' it is my understanding that you can not force someone to do something under hypnosis. That they will still not endanger themselves.
i.e. If you told someone to shoot themselves under hypnosis, they would not do it.
Self-preservation would overpower the hypnotic state. At least, that is my understanding, based on some tapes I saw of a hypnotherapy seminar.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers

"This I offer in explanation of how it was that I found myself in my undergarments as I sat in my cell attempting to plot my escape."
~Professor Phineas Valeyard, Miskatonic University Dept.of Psychodynamic Natural History.

New Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Valeyard-Magic-Stage-233226717588438/
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2458 Posts

Profile of critter
PS, that poker chip is great for practicing your muscle pass:)
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers

"This I offer in explanation of how it was that I found myself in my undergarments as I sat in my cell attempting to plot my escape."
~Professor Phineas Valeyard, Miskatonic University Dept.of Psychodynamic Natural History.

New Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Valeyard-Magic-Stage-233226717588438/
bahamagician
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of bahamagician
Haven't seen the show. But could it be possible that he did the induction, ran through some pre-tests, and then given them suggestions as to what they might do after reading the paper or perhaps certain keywords? After the suggestion he roles the cameras and then shoots the scene. Not really a new technique but creative editing?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis and Criss Angel (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL