We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Billiard cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

alfredini
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Fl, USA - Maracaibo, Venezuela
32 Posts

Profile of alfredini
I saw Garrett Thomas at a lecture performig an effectwhere he used cards that instead of numbers he had billiard or pool balls. He had one card for each one of the balls and made the espectator choose one and then he said he had a prediction and then he grabbed the card wallet where he had the cards in the first place and pulled out an actual billiard ball that matched the selected.

He said taht someone gave him those cards adn he doesn't know where to find them. Does anybody know where I coudl get this cards?
alfredini
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of alfredini
I just checked and the effect is on his LL DVD Inside tghe mind of Garrett Thomas Vol 1
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of tntjr
Just watched Garrett's DVD's. See here: http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=8295

Hmmmm....
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Alfred, this is exactly the trick that David Stone showed on his lecture tour.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of tntjr
So whose trick is it?
mjb16
View Profile
Loyal user
Ossining, New York
208 Posts

Profile of mjb16
You can get the cards in a trick called Dirty Pool by Michel Huot. It is the same cards that Garrett uses in his routine.

Hope this helps!

Michael
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of tntjr
Thanks. That's where the link above goes to. The routine described sounds identical to the one Garrett performs on his dvd set (3 ball). Apparently David Stone uses it in lectures too. My question merely has to do with crediting. Maybe they are different handlings???

Great trick regardless. Kind of reminds me of Bannon's 8 ball trick.
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
194 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
Ok here are some answers
The cards tha Garrett uses are mine. I gave them to him a few years back at FFFF convention. He does know where to purchase them...from me. In a trick called Dirty Pool written by David Acer
ask your favorite dealer, it is available thru Murphy's
The trick that David Stone does is...mine. I gave him 30 sets a while back. He doesn't have any left but same thing, contact your dealer. The sets Stone uses is a old set, so the front cover of the trick is different. I gave these to David stone when he was at my place for a couple days.
Why magicians are afraid of crediting I have no idea...
Tricks aren't important...people are!!!
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of tntjr
Thank you for clearing it up. I kinda figured you were left uncredited. Thanks for clearing it up. BTW, great trick.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
It cannot be so difficult to credit a person´s idea. Do magicians have a problem that (some) good things are not invented by themselves but someone else?

It is like being a waiter who serves a great meal but implements the guest that he has cooked it. A good waiter is proud of his house and that he knows the genious guy who is working in the kitchen.

As long as I have all information about the inventor of something I am pleased to mention this guy. He came up with the idea but inspired me doing my own things. Where is the problem???
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
194 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
Thanks guys,
it also puzzles me why people are afraid of crediting
we won't think less of them if the idea is not 100% theirs
Dirty Pool is not entirely mine, it his of course based on a trick by John Bannon (black eight if I remember) in smoke and mirrors (what a book!!!) M. Bannon was given a set by me for inspiration and he likes my version.
BTW Garrett's version is xtremely good, when I will reprint other booklets, I will (with his permission) print his version. I would have liked to be credited on the DVD for obvious reasons. Credit where credit is
due!!!
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
When I saw David Stone lecture here in Portland, Oregon, he certainly credited Mr. Huot and praised the effect. It is a good one for sure. David Regal also has a take on this effect in his book Constant Fooling 2. The effect is "Eight Ball".
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
194 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
David usually credits me
avid is a good friend of mine. Very talented. You should see him work a crowd of laymen...
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of tntjr
In my view, giving proper credit actually adds to one's credibility, if that makes sense.
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
194 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
It does make sense
if you read any review (especially in MAGIC and Genii) reviewers will always write if credit is lacking and they will always love the product more if propoer credit is mentionned
alfredini
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of alfredini
I hadnt been online in abotu a week so I apologise for not replying. Thank you all for all your help. I had been told that Mr Stone showed it in his lecture adn that he accredited it to somebody else butI didn't know where to get it. Its an amazing trick adn ill get it right now!.

Thank you all for replying. I have a few magician friend coming from south america in a few weeks and I cant wait to fool them with this trick.
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
194 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
Tell me how it goes Alfredini
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
212 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
Sounds great. I want a set now.
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
www.CardNowApp.com - iPhone Business Card Magic App
www.armindreader.com – Augmented Reality Magic App
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Billiard cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL