We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hype.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Hype / Hyp-nosis.

Pretty similar if not the same. Stimulation of inner images and highly charged emotional states. Creating intense desire....

Levers: current fads, desire to belong, desire to collect, curiosity, exclusivity, rarity or uniquness,association with celebrities (proof of value).

Some of the triggers we are all susceptable to on here.

Any of them seem familiar?
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I like them all.

J ack

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Which ones did Geller use in the 70s? From above or others?
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Have you all got the new Hector Chadwick book? There is a second run on the website:

http://www.hectorchadwick.co.uk

Also, if anyone would like a website then get in touch, I can do you a good deal.

What a good idea to have a thread to hype products. Anyone got any more that we should know about?
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
This place is a godsend to you salsa eh? Like shooting fish in a fryer. I think hyping products on this thread is a splendid idea..
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Nah. I view the people here with a little more respect and can understand that they will make their own decisions and are not all led by the motivations that you seem to think that they are. I am pretty sure that most will see the humorous intent in my posts because we are dealing with intelligent people here.

On a related note, aren't you guilty of hype with your own products in the past in your previous incarnation on here? I only ask because I heard this privately and I insisted that you were probably not a hypocrite.
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
964 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Anyone who visits the themagiccafe regularly knows about salsa_dancer's sarcastic kind of humour. And I do enjoy it. Never stop mate Smile
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
You just suggested we hype now your saying "nah". Make up your mind. Of course we are...all lead by the above motivations. Take two of the above away from your current campaign and you wouldve seen a hugely different result. And after perception.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
You didn't answer my question. How evasive. And thanks Rick, you are a real gent.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Isn't hype and hynosis just the use of emotive linguistics to accomplish a desired effect???

Hype being the enthuesed way people talk about, lets say a product, thereby making others have the wish to possess it and hypnosis being the way the hypnotist talks to the subject.

Even the word hypocrite refers to someone whose linguistic patterns are not consistant...
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hype is from Hyper as in Hyperion

Hypnosis is from Hypnos

Go back to the classics - different roots... however, I suppose they maybe both together had a drink of ambrosia in the ol' Olympian tavern once in a while, singing a song... side by side.

I like Hecate too... another good H. Goes well with the WITCHES ALMANAC
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Look at how getting back to naturesig etting harder to do these days...
trance
s l e e p
deep
sleep
d e e p e r
t r a n c e
s l e e p
l o o k a t m y s ig n a t you r e
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hype.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL