The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » New David Regal Book (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..13~14~15 [Next]
Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
In over 4 million i've made
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
Does anyone have news on 'Approaching Magic'?
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
I can't find any info on this too, except on David Regal's site. Looks like a huge book.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Cool!
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
David Regal is an awesome magician and I really look forward to this. I have a new found respect for anyone who can write and produce their own book.

I was working on mine and it is INTENSE trying to get everything done. From creating to layout and publishing, its enough to give you an ulcer.

David's other 3 books are some of my favorites.

Hey David, if you want anyone to review your book, shoot me an email. Smile

In all seriousness, I will be picking this up.

Donny
do magic

www.8bom.net
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 10:43, Donny Orbit wrote:
David Regal is an awesome magician and I really look forward to this. I have a new found respect for anyone who can write and produce their own book.

I was working on mine and it is INTENSE trying to get everything done. From creating to layout and publishing, its enough to give you an ulcer.

David's other 3 books are some of my favorites.

Hey David, if you want anyone to review your book, shoot me an email. Smile

In all seriousness, I will be picking this up.

Donny

Donny,
I couldn't agree with you more about the whole writing process.

Regarding David's book, just placed my order a little bit ago. I can't wait for this book! His other work is FANTASTIC! I just wish I could get a hold of Star Quality as this is the only book of his I don't have.

-Bill
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Bill,

I recently received your book and have been enjoying. I have about 100 pages typed up of just effects, no crediting yet or illustrations. It's definetley a labor of love. David's books (excluding SQ) all have glossy pages and photos. It is a costly undertaking on his part. I have been quoted some fairly high prices for matte finish with illustrations.

Anyways, I can't wait to check this out.

Donny
do magic

www.8bom.net
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
This is great news! If Approaching Magic is half as good as his previous books then it will be at least twice as good as any of the current crop of new releases. I am absolutely looking forward to receiving this. Thanks for the heads up!
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Thanks for sharing this. Just pre-ordered and can't wait for late April! This could possibly the best release for 2008.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Buy the new huge book here:

http://www.davidregal.com/
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 12:17, Donny Orbit wrote:
Bill,

I recently received your book and have been enjoying. I have about 100 pages typed up of just effects, no crediting yet or illustrations. It's definetley a labor of love. David's books (excluding SQ) all have glossy pages and photos. It is a costly undertaking on his part. I have been quoted some fairly high prices for matte finish with illustrations.

Anyways, I can't wait to check this out.

Donny

Hey Donny,
Glad to hear you like COINsomnia. Labor of love is def a good way to put it. I remember when I was going thru some quotes and the various price ranges that are out there, definitely an expensive undertaking. David's book are of the highest quality. Can't wait for this one.

-Bill
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
David's new book looks wonderful and should be a best seller. The only thing negative about it is if you accidentally drop it on your foot. Smile
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Oh man! I feel the excitment bubbling up! lol
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I spoke to David today and he is very excited about the book and feels it is his best to date. We discussed some of the material and it sounds great. I immediately pre-ordered a copy. It should be super.

Tim Trono
kadz
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of kadz
This seems to be the next 'big' book (not size wise)...
It has been a while since there's a book that I look forward to
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Wow! I have been spending so much time with music and music "Cafés" that I had not realised what I almost missed! Just looking at the description of this bad boy has me trying to figure out how to move forward to April now. What has already been said here regarding David Regal's work is spot on. This guy scares me - in a good way of course.

Folks, 2008 is shaping up to be a banner year for books what with the excellent new Trost book and now this portable gym by David Regal! Hmmm, maybe the writer's strike was a GOOD thing after all, at least for we magicians!

Something in the back of my decidedly pea sized brain told me to log onto the Café today. I am so glad I did! The Universe is smiling upon me this year: great new synthesizers and great new books. All hail 2008!!!

Vlad, whose credit card is so used thus far this year it could serve as a window for a greenhouse.

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 11:38am
------------------------------
Ok, I am excited, but since my last post was full of enthusiasm, I thought it only fair to do a negative rant! Here goes:

Blast you Nick Trost and H&R Books for your great book that has separated money from me!

Blast you Roland Corporation for the Fantom X8 another large sum of money from a poor artist.

Blast you David Regal for torturing my credit card again with another killer work!

Stop it already! I have no money really. Thanks to magic and music I am so close to living under a bridge that I might entertain the notion of becoming a bat guano collector to pay for all this stuff. I am VISA's best friend, and THAT is not a good thing.

I wonder if I can find a big time celebrity and marry her then divorce her for a pile of dough just like Heather Mills did to Sir Paul McCartney.

My two mistresses - Magic and Music - are sucking me dry. I will leave the interpretation up to you folks. Smile (Note to Café censors: Please bear in mind that I could be allegorising these mistresses as Vampires. This disclaimer should serve from preventing my last comment to be bleeped!)

Vlad
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Vlad, I feel for you.
The only comfort I can give you is that when our time comes, we will not be able to take anything with us - carpe diem.

But back to the topic. I am as excited as all the posters. April will be good to us . . . allow the word play - it will open a lot of opportunities for us.
Cards never lie
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
I consider David Regal is a creative genius in magic which range from cards, coins, and other stuffs.

His Constant Fooling 1 & 2 and close-up and personal have been my favourite books in my shelf. The only book that I very seldom approach is Constant Fooling 2 because not concerning about the materials in that book, is concern the materials are too way creative. Smile

Anyway, I am looking forward Regal's new book. Smile

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
When I met David Regal I was in the unique position among magicians of having no idea who he was. I think this was a good thing because unlike many magicians present I wasn't star struck at all and let me tell you he was one of the funniest and quick witted fellows I had ever met. His magic is not only top drawer technically his presentations are perfectly written for him. His past books have been solid and well written and I've little doubt this one will follow suit.
csantill
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of csantill
Magic Santa A similar thing happened to me. I was a couple of minutes late for the lecture and I missed the introduction, and he had just started his talk when I got there.
He was very funny and very approachable, His magic was interesting and his patter was smart. I spoke with him for a few minutes during the break about which of his products he would recommend for me , and only later found out who David Regal was.
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
Has anyone received the book yet? I thought it was supposed to ship late April.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » New David Regal Book (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL