The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Card Condition (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Elijahhenry
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Elijahhenry
What is the best condition for cards to be in to execute the flourishes?
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Well, it depends on the individual ultimately. Some who practice with very slippery decks will eventually get used to it, and they'll be able to control the cards well even though they're very smooth. Others who use decks which have been seasoned to practice will also have their own preference. Essentially, all flourishes can be done with any condition of a deck, unless of course, the deck is too worn out.
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
538 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
Being able to pull off flourishes with any deck is very practical. When beginning, try using a more worn deck than anything else. If it's new, give your deck a couple dozen faros, just to break them in. After that, you should be well on your way to mastery.
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
550 Posts

Profile of KC
Most of my decks are "Beater" Decks, or they get to be that way within a week. I can do most of my sleights and flourishes with them, but when another magician picks them up, they usually hand the deck back and ask for another deck.

I just recently bought a card guard, and hopefully that'll help the cards last a little longer.

K.C.
elushinz
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny Orlando
132 Posts

Profile of elushinz
A tip I read somewhere on getting your "out of the box" deck ready and out of the slippery new deck feel is to take the deck and hold it from the short ends with one hand, ala biddle grip. Now take and give the deck a slight squeeze together to fluff up the deck. When it is in the fluff condition, release the outer short end grip and take them with your other hand by the sides to maintain their puffed and separated state. Give them a quick blow on one of the short ends. This puts a bit of moisture in the cards and helps in reducing the slickness of them in a second. I use this all the time when opening new decks right before I faro them to mix. Try it, it might work for you.

Best,
Tim P Smile
"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be f@#d up."
Mitch Hedburg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Card Condition (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL